Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Brisson 3.2 question NEED HELP QUICK

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Brisson 3.2 question NEED HELP QUICK

Old 03-22-2003, 11:46 PM
40%plane
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brisson 3.2 question NEED HELP QUICK

I am wondering if anybody can help me with a question on the running of a brisson 3.2 motor. About 1 month ago i bought a plane with a brissonn 3.2 on it. The motor was running great until about 3 weeks ago. The first thing i noticed was that when i was flying my plane with the engine at idle the transmitter stick was at half. I finally figured out today that it was because the parameters in my transmitter were wrong. That fixed my problem, but when that problem was fixed I very quickly found another problem.
The next problem came when i started it to fly it. I always give it a full throttle run up before i fly. So when i gave it the run up it went to full throttle fine but it only ran at ful for about 2 seconds after which it drop in rpms by about 200 or so. So naturally I started to pulle the throttle back. Only to find out that when the transmitter stick got to half throttle the engine gained those 200 or so rpms back. After seeing that I naturally keeped coming back on the throttle to the point where it used to idle before. Now when it gets to the position where it idled before it just quits.
Do to the fact that I am really new at giant scale motors i don't really kow what to do. I am also 1 of 3 or 4 guys who fly gas and those guys also don't know. I was hoping that somebody could atleast give me some ideas as to what might be wrong. i Have never had trouble with this motor and do not expect that i should because all the other brisson I have seen run great. I just do not understand it. So again any ideas would be much appreciated.
Old 03-23-2003, 01:03 PM
Geoffbob
My Feedback: (12)

I'd guess that the hi speed needle is much too lean and the engine is overheating at wide open throttle. Anyone else? You might post this question in the giant engines forum as well. Good luck!
Old 03-23-2003, 09:14 PM
40%plane

thank you for your response but i went to bed last night after i wrote this and when i woke up iu had the answer and was able to fix it.
Old 03-23-2003, 11:43 PM
lynngordon

So... Why don't you share the answer?
Old 03-25-2003, 09:19 PM
40%plane

well you are going to laugh at this. I went to bed thinking about it and realized that the needles had never been touched and they should not be messed up. So I started thinking about it and realized that about a month ago I was messing around with the programing trying to put elevator to flap mixing on. Well I remembered that I also had go in and adjusted some of my duel rates. Well when I adjusted my duel rates I remembereds that I had gotten into the wrong menu and punched a few buttons before realizing what I had done. Then I put the paramaters back where I thinought they were. Well I did not manage to get them all back. I forgot to set the throttle movements back and this caused the change. So I went into my setup and centered all the throttle parameters and started over. Thus solving the problem that was giving me so much trouble. Pretty funny. I think from now on I will be double checking my setup screens before changing anything.