Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Anxious to Train

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Anxious to Train

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:53 PM
TakingFlight96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anxious to Train

I'am a beginner - anxious to train. I've had simulator training and have done a great job. Should I train at least once this year, to get a feel for what I need to improve on, and work on it during the winter months or hold off til spring - where I can be out to the field at least once a week & keep things fresh in my mind ?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73731.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	776137   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79551.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	776138   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch95148.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	776139  
Old 10-03-2007, 10:07 PM
jetmech05

Default RE: Anxious to Train

go for it now and fly all winter if you can
Old 10-04-2007, 07:35 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, meet up with someone to help you on a buddy box and you will be solo in no time. Enjoy flying for the rest of you life. Get out there this weekend.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Krener

Yep, if you can find an instructor and hook up with a buddy box, go for as long as you can before the winter gets to harsh.

Come spring you could be going solo, and thats a whole other experience
Old 10-04-2007, 02:54 PM
NCIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TakingFlight96,

I think in your situation and being in the same Club as you are that you will be hard pressed to get our instructor out in the cold. You know what the winters are like up here in Wisconsin. If you can get a few lessons in yet this fall then be happy and just keep working on the simulator. Keep up your interest and don't let anything discourage you. Nice Nexstar!!! Tell you Dad I said Hello.

Gibbs
Old 10-04-2007, 04:26 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If that's your airplane, then what's holding you back?

GET WITH IT FELLA!!!!!!!!!!! Times a wastin'

No fooling, there are how many weekends left before winter up there? three? four?

But hey, don't ask us, ask the teacher if he can make time for you. If he can't, then you guys up there are a sad lot. I'd invite y'all to come on down here, but that instructor might take me up on it.

And you might also consider moving west to the Twin Cities. I lived up there and the bunch I flew with flew almost year round. And that included a slope outing or two in the winter. Now that takes ba......... guys who've moved up Nawth for awhile. And haven't had the frost bite experience. And figured out to build a windbreak to stand behind while flying. And still got a bit frozen.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:42 PM
NCIS

da Rock,

You must just be tougher than us because when it gets cold I get building. I enjoy flying but don't enjoy being frozen doing it. I can only speak for myself but when the temp goes below 50 I'm done unless it's very SUNNY and CALM. I'd rather be in my warm shop building and drinking a brew.

Gibbs
Old 10-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Insanemoondoggie

Yea , we wear cutoffs , till it gets down around 25 or so. Usually our engines give up before we do ,lol.
I`m not an instructor , but I have and am teaching several to fly. It is not what you think , it severely cuts down on your own fly time . Also you get asked alot to maidens and trim out someones plane . You not only take the time to go over the plane, but you run the risk of replacing a plane , that smucked while your in control of the sticks and there is a good chance , it was the builders fault , but try telling him that.
But you will make some great friends , and the satisfaction of teaching some one to solo , makes the effort worth it .
Old 10-27-2007, 02:49 PM
TakingFlight96

Thanks Guys ! Its starting to get colder and mother nature is really blowing that wind up here in Wisconsin. Anyway I'd rather enjoy flying time and not be frozen doing it. Your opinions helped but, it may be a bit warmer where you guys are posting from than in WI. I've decided to keep working on the simulator all winter and when spring comes along - take to the sky. Thanks Again !

-- TakingFlight96
Old 10-29-2007, 11:32 AM
starfire73

ORIGINAL: Insanemoondoggie
You not only take the time to go over the plane, but you run the risk of replacing a plane , that smucked while your in control of the sticks and there is a good chance , it was the builders fault , but try telling him that.
I'm not an official club instructor, but I have helped a few people out, and worked with them on the buddy box. I am very clear with them that they are using me at thier own risk. I will never exagerate my skills or oversell myself to gain thier confidence, but I also will never replace thier plane. That's why it suprised me when I read that you "run the risk of replacing a plane." Not me baby, use me if you want to, and I'll give you my best effort - but it's at your own risk.