Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

another amazing customer service experience with horizon hobby!!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

another amazing customer service experience with horizon hobby!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:01 PM
fozjared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another amazing customer service experience with horizon hobby!!

Cliff notes: Horizon hobby replaced my ar7000 receiver for me even after i enclosed a letter with the broken receiver i mailed them, stating that i had crashed the plane and that is what broke the servo, they are as good as wal-mart in my opinion!

not sure if this is the right place to post this because i want this to get the most publicity possible.. anyway, i mailed in my ar7000 receiver around sept. 20th or so, but haven't heard anything back from them, so today i gave them a call and waited on the line approx 5 min. because the lady i spoke with said that the service dept. was extremely busy today.. anyway i got through to a gentleman, so i asked him if he could tell me the status of my receiver, i heard some pecking on the keyboard and he pulled my name and found where they had received my receiver on sept. 24. so i asked him if they had gotten around to getting me a quote arranged, as i enclosed a letter (the most important part) requesting them to quote before repair, but as i usually do i have to tell my story and if you haven't read any of my other posts you can get an idea here about how i wind up making a story longer than it should be (evident in just this sentence haha!) so i told the story of how i had crashed my h9 cessna and the receiver evidently broke upon impact.. anyway back to the phone conversation. the man i was speaking with informed me they were in the process of mailing out a new rx to ( and he quoted my address) i said no sir, i wanted you guys to quote before repair, but then he interrupted to say that there was no fee to quote and that the receiver that was being sent out was free of charge, they are even paying shipping!!! i have never seen a better customer service dept. well maybe wal-mart but i just couldn't believe it when he told me he was mailing out one of these expensive ar7000's for free even after knowing that i had wrecked it myself!! i dont know if wal-mart would even do something like that, but then again it is kinda like rodney carrington (a southern comedian) says that you can take a bag of dirty diapers back to wal-mart and say "these already had $h** in'em" and they will say "we're real sorry about that sir, go back there and get you a new bag!" haha.. one time my sister was cleaning my parents house and decided the vacuum was dirty and she was gonna wash it off with a water hose of all things! needless to say it shorted out. she begged me into taking her to wal-mart, so we loaded it up and took it to wal-mart before my parents got home, she walked up to the counter and told the manager, no less, that she had sprayed it off with a water hose and it quit working, the manager then asked if she would like her money back or if she would like to exchange it!?! so she exchanged it, i was in sheer disbelief!

so also needless to say, i will try my best to limit all my future business strictly to wal-mart and now horizon hobby as well!

Old 10-08-2007, 10:06 PM
RCPtero

Default RE: another amazing customer service experience with horizon hobby!!

Dang!! Now I wish I had bought my receiver from Horizon! I was thinking of sending it back with a letter directly to Spektrum. After the crash, the only thing I recovered from the receiver was the part of the case that was attached to the fuse via servo tape and the pin board where the servos were connected. Thought about sending it with a letter saying it doesn't work anymore, and asking for a price to fix it. (Oh yeah, I did get the satellite receiver intact.)
--
Tom
Old 10-09-2007, 02:37 AM
alan0899

ORIGINAL: tessex

Dang!! Now I wish I had bought my receiver from Horizon! I was thinking of sending it back with a letter directly to Spektrum. After the crash, the only thing I recovered from the receiver was the part of the case that was attached to the fuse via servo tape and the pin board where the servos were connected. Thought about sending it with a letter saying it doesn't work anymore, and asking for a price to fix it. (Oh yeah, I did get the satellite receiver intact.)
--
Tom

G'day Tom,
Spektrum is Horizon, & visa versa.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:41 AM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

So why dont you send the Cessna back to them too
Old 10-09-2007, 02:15 PM
fozjared

hey thats a swell idea gringo! haha
Old 10-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Rod Bender

I purchased a H9 27% Extra 260. The hatch was warped, and it would not sit flat with the fuselage. I called Horizon and told them of my problem. They sent me out another one. I called the product support person that I had been conversing with (Daniel) and thanked him for getting me a hatch out so quickly, it had only been 4 days. BUT, this hatch was worse than the 1st one. I offered to send him pictures of the hatch, but he said no problem, and sent me another hatch. 3rd time WAS the charm for this issue. I called Daniel and thanked him for his persistance in customer satisfaction, he really appreciated the positive feedback. Horizon will stand behind their products, a good thing in this hobby. Maybe that's why I bought the new JR X9303.......
Old 10-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Horizon , has great service.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:24 PM
fozjared

im just thankful as well that there are websites such as this one where we can get the name out about companies such as horizon!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:57 PM
nauticom

Same here--just got 6 new JR premium 90 oz-in servos from Horizon at no cost after sending in what I considered defective JR811 40 oz-in digital servo's. A $480 value at no cost. Horizon/JR rocks.
BobM