Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Polishing Aluminum Spinners?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Polishing Aluminum Spinners?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 03:54 PM
Shovel-Head
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polishing Aluminum Spinners?

I was wondering if theres anyway that you can bring the shine back to a aluminum spinners. I bought a Magnum spinner awhile back and after using it and handling it for a while it became very smudgy and dull looking. Is there anyway I can chrome it back up? Thanks for the inputs!
Old 03-25-2003, 04:33 PM
Chris300s

Mothers or Maguire's Aluminum and Mag polish availible at every auto parts store. Works like a charm. For spun aluminum spinners use a cotton buffing wheel and some jewlery rouge followed by the aluminum polish. Shines like chrome, until the air hits it and it begins to oxidize again.

Chris
Old 03-25-2003, 04:37 PM
monocoupe
My Feedback: (40)

Default Polishing Spinners

Aluminum polish, a soft coth buffing wheel on a drill press or grinder, a mask and some coveralls...it's messy! Or, take it to a shop that specializes in polishing custom motorcycle parts. Spinners are so small that they likely won't charge you much, and It'll come back looking great.

Cheers, Nigel
Old 03-26-2003, 03:07 PM
r1morris

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hit a local Harley Davidson dealer and get their metal polish for Aluminum . Easy to use works fantastic. It keeps those bike engines looking good . I have used it for years one tube has lasted me over 5 years.