Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

need info about smoke systems

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

need info about smoke systems

Old 10-14-2007, 09:48 AM
outdoorhunting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need info about smoke systems

I have a 40 size Ag-wagon (crop duster) that I'm wanting to put a smoke system in. It's powered by a Saito 50 4 stroke & flies like a dream. I think there is enough room to put a system in it. But I've been told that a 40 size will not carry the extra load. I have experimented & loaded around 8oz of lead directly over the CG & the plane seems to do fine, a little sluggish, but flies OK. It will fly without the extra weight at 1/4 throttle & with the weight,it takes about 1/3 throttle to keep it in the air. The motor is mounted at 90 degrees w/ a stock muffler. What do you guys suggest for equip & where can I get it?
Old 10-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Flying freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need info about smoke systems

8oz really isnt that much to work with ....

http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=SUL753

thats the pump at 3.9 oz

now If i were you i would make sure you ahve a large battery for the rx and run it off that insted of 2 battereis plus the fittings and everything....

maybe you can carry 3 oz of smoke fluid and get an all up wight of 8oz?

(there may be lighter smoke pumps i know this one is popular adn is used alot in both jets and giant scale,)

Steven