Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

katanna and dl 50cc need help

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

katanna and dl 50cc need help

Old 10-14-2007, 10:05 PM
lefnut
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default katanna and dl 50cc need help

i got a 27% katnna with a dl 50cc in it i started up for the first time and when i did it got a glich in it but it dose not do it all time so i shut it off and i was missing with the engine when i moved the plug wire and it started gliching could it be touching the throtlle linkage causing that please let me know like to get it fixed before i take it into the air its got nylon rod to the engine and servo.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Crash Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: katanna and dl 50cc need help

Hi lefnut,

This is a process of elimination exercise.

Is the "black box" for the electronic ignition in the cowl as far as possible from the RX, servos and the RX antenna ?
You are using a spark plug with a resistor arn't you? It should have "R" in the plug type designation.
Do you have extension leads on any of the servos? I'm sure you do and these are a prime cause of intermittent glitches. Make sure that the connections are good and I would suggest the heavy twisted wire with silicon insulation or ferrite rings as a good option on larger models.
Then it may be the switch, the battery, a servo bottoming out, etc, etc.

Good Luck,

Colin