Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Best versatile battery charger?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Best versatile battery charger?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 05:31 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Best versatile battery charger?

I currently use an ace digipulse 3 to check nicad battery condition for rx and tx and have two ace multicharges to charge mutiple tx and rx packs.now with higher capacity packs in both ni-cas and ni-mh as well as lipo's it seems like it may be time to invest in a new charger or charger/cycler what is the best and most user friendly charger that can handle the battery type's currently available?I was thinking that a smart type charger that can sense when a full charge has been reached and shuts off would be good.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:24 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Best versatile battery charger?

There seem to be a bunch of them.

I got a TritonII and it'll do everything you mentioned.

I also got an Accu-Cycle Elite and it'll do all that too. It also comes complete to work off AC or DC. And it'll do two batteries at a time. I plug the TX and the airplane in when I get back from the field. After supper they're both usually full and the readouts tell me how much each took. That's an excellent way to monitor the batteries day to day. Every so often, I'll cycle batteries that've been used repeatedly just to see what their working capacity is for sure. I've spotted two batteries in the last year and a half that weren't up to snuff. One was cycled again and went back to original capacity. It still went into a lesser airplane. If I happen to forget about the charging overnight, no problem. The A-C Elite goes to trickle charge as soon as it has a battery at 99%. It also can be easily setup to do quick charging if you want.

Both are good, but the Accu-Cycle Elite is lots more usable.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKSY1&P=ML

I have the above charger and its fantastic. Its a good value as well. Look over in the battery forums and you will see how popular this charger is among the battery experts.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Whistling Death

I use the Accu-Cycle Elite. It charges all my nicads, ni-mh and lipos very well. Not to mention you can charge two batteries at the same time. To futher help my charger at the field I bought a 12volt 450 amp lawnmower battery. It knocks those lipos out without much of a dent to the 12 volt battery.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:46 PM
lukeshort

BBOWEN does the same as me and I have the same experience with the same charger.