Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Got an Airvista from a Friend <help>

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Got an Airvista from a Friend <help>

Old 03-26-2003, 11:21 PM
FalcoNg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got an Airvista from a Friend <help>

Hi, this is my first post here, and I'm wondering if any of you guys can help me out.

My friend bought this Hobbico Airvista about 4 years ago I belive. He used it for a while but soon got inot another hobby. He told me that it had been sitting in his garage for 2 years without being touched. He said I can take it if I want but the plane had some problems. The radio that he had for it was missing its antenna, he had 2 servos only and did have a receiver, the plane was extremely dusty and greasy from the fuel exhaust again, the servo tray was lost, and on some of the control surfaces the push rods were going through the covering a little. Ive have never really been into R/C because of a lack in funds. Well I'm wondering if you guys think I should bring this airplane back to life or if I should just scrap it and buy a brand new trainer. I'll have to save some money for a couple of months in order to buy the new trainer. If I do end up buying one I'm looking at buying the hobbico superstar. Well let me know your opinions.
Old 03-26-2003, 11:36 PM
SilverEagle2
My Feedback: (9)

Default Is it an AirVista or Avistar?

Is it an AirVista or Avistar?

If it is an AirVista I would bring it back to life. It is a great trainer. The servo tray can be made easily and your other probs can be remedied nicely. Replace the wire gear with a set of rigid aluminum. Better for langings I think.

If it is an Avistar, I cannot comment. Never had one. No desire to get one.

Cheers
Old 03-26-2003, 11:41 PM
FalcoNg

yep its a airvista. How much do you think its going to cost to get all buy all these new things?
Old 03-26-2003, 11:45 PM
SilverEagle2
My Feedback: (9)

Default I would ...

Get a new radio from the start and scrap the old equiptment unless it is in good shape. This way you can have a new radio when you jump out of the trainer phase. Servo tray is $2.00 for the 1/8 lite ply. The control horns issue, I would have to see a pic of the prob before giving advice.

Give her a good rubdown to clean her up and then if possible shoot some pics and post them and I am sure we can help you get this bird in the air.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Old 03-26-2003, 11:52 PM
FalcoNg

ok ill try to get some pics out no later than 9 p.m. today, thanks so far for your advice