Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Help! - Kyosho Cessna Dihedral

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Help! - Kyosho Cessna Dihedral

Old 10-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Dad_Roman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! - Kyosho Cessna Dihedral

I have inherited a 10-15 yr old (or so) Kyosho Cessna. This is the old foam constrction covered with injection molded plastic. Never flown, and son #2 has fallen in love with it so it is finally seeing the assembly line.

2 questions for anyone with knowledge or experience with this old plane.

The wing has been assembled by the previous owner...it shows appx. 2 degrees of NEGATIVE dihedral, I figure that cant be right, does anyone know the proper dihedral setting?

And 2. What engine? This is a 55" wing. I guesstimate appx 3.5-4 lbs finished weight. It comes with its own motor mount which appears to fit a 20-30 engine so I am assuming (uhoh) that this is about right.

Thanks for your input

Old 10-21-2007, 09:17 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help! - Kyosho Cessna Dihedral

It will fly with that anhedral in the wing. And actually won't fly badly. But 2degrees the other way will fly with a bit more dihedral effect, which causes the plane to recover to level flight when left to it's own devices.

The weight if about right for .25 to .35 power, and even a sport .40 would probably not cause it to be noseheavy. Any of those would have power enough to fly it.

A .35 would probably be the best fit for weight and power. If you can find one.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Dad_Roman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help! - Kyosho Cessna Dihedral

Thanks for the quick reply there rockman! OK then, we will give her a try with the anahedral.