Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

radios

Old 10-22-2007, 02:06 PM
CARVER-IN SC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radios

hi, I am new at this, and have a question, can someone explain the difference between a heli radio and a airplane radio. thank you in advance for any info frankb. [email protected]
Old 10-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Lomcevak Duck
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: radios

Most of the time, a heli radio will not have a rachet on the throttle lever, and may have some of the functions renamed. Most higher end radios will work fine for both airplanes and helis, such as the case with the Futaba 9C. (I think all of the computer radios made by Futaba, and most likely JR are going to be similar, but I'm using the 9C as example because that's what I have the most experience with) The 9C can be easily switched between aero and heli functions in the parameters menu, and the programing language will follow, and will be exclusive to that particular model so that aero, heli, and sailplane models may all be stored on the same tx, and the throttle ratchet is easily engaged or disengaged by removing the back cover of the transmitter. When Futaba sells the transmitter as heli version, the only differences from the aero versions are: T9CHP/F is printed on the face plate rather than T9CAP/F, the computer is set to heli by default instead of aero, and the ratchet I believe is disengaged from the factory.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:51 PM
CARVER-IN SC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: radios

thank you lomcevak duck, that has helped alot, very informative, thanks again frankb.