Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

fast 2.4 reciever discountinued?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

fast 2.4 reciever discountinued?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:37 AM
draftman1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fast 2.4 reciever discountinued?

I thought there was a radio category, i was wrong, anyway, has anybody seen on tower that the futaba fast 2.4 6 channel receiver has been discontinued, any news from anyone about that?? I hope that they are coming out with a newer receiver. I just bought that system and I hope its not obsolete yet. I e-mailed futaba about this.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:52 AM
jeffk464

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: fast 2.4 reciever discountinued?

Whaattt!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 04:58 AM
AlphaWhisky

I`m amazed. On the strength of this post I checked the latest Tower discount blurb that arrived via email yesterday. Sure enough - the separate Rx advert was marked as 'discontinued'.

Did you also see the note there - 'not able to ship this item to United Arab Emirates'? That applied to both the Tx and R606FS Rx as a combo or the Rx separately.

I wonder is this technical or political.

Alan W
Old 11-13-2007, 07:02 AM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

look here,
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6599490/tm.htm
made no sense for Futaba to make the 606 and the 607............so they kept the 607 which is compatiable with all the systems that the 606 was not.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:53 AM
acarter

That's a shame i was gonna use that reciever for my next plane, now i have to spend a hundred dollors for the 7-channel reciever. I wonder what went wrong with it, because i have the 6-channel in my hanger 9 twist. I hope it is still ok! At least they still sell the 6ex 2.4 radio.

Austin
Old 11-13-2007, 06:52 PM
summerwind

ORIGINAL: acarter

That's a shame i was gonna use that reciever for my next plane, now i have to spend a hundred dollors for the 7-channel reciever. I wonder what went wrong with it, because i have the 6-channel in my hanger 9 twist. I hope it is still ok! At least they still sell the 6ex 2.4 radio.

Austin
did you not read the link i posted above?

if you were going to buy another receiver, now you are only spending another 10 bucks............
Old 11-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Jester241

Geez,you guys scared me there for a minute! I need to buy another reciever for my 6EX Fasst futaba and I figured I'd get one like I curretly have(the 606),but only to find out its gone. I see the 7 channel 607 is about the same thing with one more channel right? I can handle the extra $10 if I have to ........I guess. As long as it works with my 6 channel radio and it works the same way. It does right? lol
Old 11-13-2007, 08:32 PM
summerwind

ORIGINAL: Jester241

Geez,you guys scared me there for a minute! I need to buy another reciever for my 6EX Fasst futaba and I figured I'd get one like I curretly have(the 606),but only to find out its gone. I see the 7 channel 607 is about the same thing with one more channel right? I can handle the extra $10 if I have to ........I guess. As long as it works with my 6 channel radio and it works the same way. It does right? lol
geeez.....i give up with you guys........i posted a link with the answer to all this drama from Krysta of Hobby services.......

what gets me, is there is a place (reputable too) that still has the 606 in stock......but why post a link for you guys, you'll just keep chasing your tails on this one.

later
Old 11-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Live Wire

Have you guys bought your new super cap to keep your 2.4 from rebuteing it self. They sell them on buy and sell for $10.95 with free shiping