Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Fueling Question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Fueling Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:29 PM
cotman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fueling Question

Instructions in the kit I'm building suggest a 3 line fuel system... 2 vent lines and 1 filling line (see photo). 1) is there any advantage to this system over a 1 vent line. 2) I'm going to use a Du-Bro Fueling Valve because all fittings will be in the cowl. Any suggestions on plumbing will be appreicated. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89094.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	813422  
Old 11-27-2007, 02:46 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: Fueling Question

Just follow the directions on the fuel valve. It works just fine. Dennis
Old 11-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Dr1Driver

Use a two-line system. Install the filling valve as per directions in the tank-to-carb supply line. Run the tank vent line to the muffler pressure tap.

Dr.1
Old 11-27-2007, 04:08 PM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

I used to use the Dubro filling valves but found that after time they leak air and lean out the engine. There's a couple of o-rings in them and the constant in - out of the fuel fitting wears them out and makes them leak.
Anyway, an easier way and fool proof way is to use a fuel dot. You end with a three line system and the 3rd one goes to a fuel dot. Works great and doesn't leak. [8D]
Old 11-27-2007, 05:34 PM
pmw
My Feedback: (1)

Cotman,

I've used the three line system for ever. Most of my engines are cowled and I can't get to the lines to fill and de-fuel. I run the third line out the bottom of the cowl and use a plug to seal the line after fueling. If you run the line to the bottom of the tank as shown in your diagram, you can use this line to de-fuel without having to turn the plane over. But, the fuel will run out of the line until you plug it if there's fuel in the tank. I just pinch it with my fingers after fueling until I get the plug in. You can buy plugs at the hobby store or use a large nail cut down to about 1/2 inch length. Don't use a bolt. The fuel will seep out around the threads.

I've never had good luck with a remote fuel valve. They leak and replacing them is a huge problem once the plane is complete.

Good luck,
Paul
Old 11-27-2007, 09:51 PM
cotman
My Feedback: (10)

Tks Paul..sounds good to me. One further question.... normally I use a overflow bottle when fueling my engines, but because muffler and pressure tap is in the cowl, what do u do... just fill til it comes out the muffler or is there another alternative. Thanks... Dick
Old 11-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Gary L.

Dick, thats what I have to do , I just fill till it comes out my bission muffler.
It's pointed down, so no fuel gets in the engine..
Old 11-29-2007, 12:29 AM
camdyson

Or loop the pressure line outside the cown and back in, with a joiner tube on the outside. While filling, pull apart and overflow as normal without flooding the muffler, then rejoin.