Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Pneumatic retract fill valve

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Pneumatic retract fill valve

Old 04-04-2003, 02:37 AM
mnmills2
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pneumatic retract fill valve

I have pneumatic retracts in my king kobra. Every once in awhile the fill valve will leak. I stick a allen wrench in the hole and move the check valve around and it stops. I am just worried about losing pressure in flight. Anyone know of an in line check valve down stream of the fill valve? Or better yet...Anyone have some trick that will keep my fill valve from leaking?

Thanks
Mike
Old 04-04-2003, 05:01 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My old Robart fill valve was leaking really bad. It would hold air for about 3 minutes and then the pressure was gone. I took the valve apart and replaced the "O"ring with a new silicon one. The silicon is softer and seems to seal better. Have you tried a new "O"ring????

Dru.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:58 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default Filler valve..

I used the valve stem from a truck inner tube. Cut it off to where the threads and about 1/2" were all that was left. Tapped the raw end 6-32 and screwed a 6-32 muffler pressure fitting into it. Soldered a small brass washer to it with 2 small holes to make a mounting flange. Works great, has never leaked. If it ever did I'd just put a hew valve core in it.

Just air it up with an air tank before take off, never had a lick of trouble with it.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:18 PM
mnmills2
Banned

Mine is a slow leak. If that valve is leaking, it takes about 5 minutes to be out of air. If not, I can go an hour and not lose air. Its just an intermittent problem. I have B&D retracts which dont have an O ring. I took it apart and its just a piece of rubber inside a sealed chamber that stops the airflow. The tire idea sounds good...but also sounds like ALOT of work.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:03 AM
Stick Jammer

Robart makes an in-line check valve that can be used down stream from the fill valve.