Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

ultacoat pain

Old 12-16-2007, 06:35 PM
streetrodder
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ultacoat pain

Does any one know where to get ultacoat paint? Thank you
Old 12-16-2007, 07:34 PM
fredsedno

Default RE: ultacoat pain

Try Horizonhobby.com
Old 12-16-2007, 08:07 PM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

I've found that the Ultracote blue and true red paints are not that close of a match. I ended up buying some paint from Radio South. Although there were a few mix-ups in the ordering/receiving process, then end result is that I have some Red and Orange that are an excellent match to the covering. It's an automotive paint (PPG) and requires a reducer and activator, but if the color match is important, that's the way to do it. When I did order Ultracote paint, I ordered it from Advantage Hobby and Cheif Aircraft Supply.
Sam
Old 12-17-2007, 04:43 PM
*JCB*
My Feedback: (9)

have you tried looking for a match in a rattle can? For the only two colors of Ultracoat i have ever needed paint for, Home Depot had an EXACT match in a rattle can (blue and cream). It wouldn't hurt to give it a whirl. I spray clear over the top just for good measure
Old 12-17-2007, 08:58 PM
streetrodder
My Feedback: (4)

I have tried auto paint I can get it color matched at work but the only problem I have is it is heavy.I have a extra 300 painted in base/clear it looks great but is a little heavy.I also saw a guy on rcu that was selling ultracoat paint but he don't seem to be positing it any more.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:16 PM
carrellh

It has been discontinued by Hangar 9. Finding leftover stock will be the only way to get it. I saw a 'few' cans, no idea what colors, at Roy's Hobby Shop in Hurst TX last Saturday. The last time I was at Mike's Hobby Shop in Carollton TX, they had a few cans. All I know to do is take whatever leads you get and start dialing. Unfortunately this will make for some very expensive paint by the time you pay retail price plus shipping from multiple locations.