Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Futaba 7C - P Mix Problem

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Futaba 7C - P Mix Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 11:12 AM
BadSplice
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 7C - P Mix Problem

Hello,

I posted this in the radio section too, but wanted to put it here, because this forum seems to get a lot more traffic.

I have a Futaba 7C, a couple years old now, and I think it might be having a problem. I had read somewhere that it was possible to use a P-mix to slave 2 servos together to run a single surface. The EPAs were used to dial the servos exactly into each other rather than a Matchbox or sequencer.

I just got a plane that is designed for 2 mini servos on the elevator. I made myself a couple of servo protractors, and tried it out, but I couldn't get the mix to work.

When I move the stick Up, both servos go left 40*.

When I move the stick Down, One servo goes Right 40* and the other one doesnt hardly move.

It does just barely twitch at the beginning of the stick movement. If I were to move the stick 2mm down, the servos both go like 1* right, after that, the master servo continues to Move, and the slave stops.

I am programming the mix the same way you would do with the EPAs, I.E. Move the stick up, use the dial to adjust the mix value to the desired % (100% in this case) then move the stick down and adjust other value to 100%.

so far I have tried: To reset the model completly to remove the mix and any others that might be interfering, actually did this twice.

Swapped dirrerent servos into the mix, same result.

Tried a different reciever, same result.

I have come to the conclusion that it is probably a defect in my radio which would require service. I was just hoping that someone more knowledgable than me would tell me that I was doing it all wrong, and that my transmitter is ok... hehe
Old 12-21-2007, 06:43 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 7C - P Mix Problem

Having spent several hours working on just this programming feature with my 7C, I have been told the 7C does not do this, so I now own a 9C that does do it. I have heard that there are some ways of making it work, however I had nothing but the problems that you are describing. My 9 is a snap. Good Luck, Dave
Old 12-21-2007, 06:59 PM
safeTwire
My Feedback: (2)

splice, which airplane is this?
Old 12-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BadSplice

Hello,

I posted this in the radio section too, but wanted to put it here, because this forum seems to get a lot more traffic.

I have a Futaba 7C, a couple years old now, and I think it might be having a problem. I had read somewhere that it was possible to use a P-mix to slave 2 servos together to run a single surface. The EPAs were used to dial the servos exactly into each other rather than a Matchbox or sequencer.

I just got a plane that is designed for 2 mini servos on the elevator. I made myself a couple of servo protractors, and tried it out, but I couldn't get the mix to work.

When I move the stick Up, both servos go left 40*.

When I move the stick Down, One servo goes Right 40* and the other one doesnt hardly move.

It does just barely twitch at the beginning of the stick movement. If I were to move the stick 2mm down, the servos both go like 1* right, after that, the master servo continues to Move, and the slave stops.

I am programming the mix the same way you would do with the EPAs, I.E. Move the stick up, use the dial to adjust the mix value to the desired % (100% in this case) then move the stick down and adjust other value to 100%.

so far I have tried: To reset the model completly to remove the mix and any others that might be interfering, actually did this twice.

Swapped dirrerent servos into the mix, same result.

Tried a different reciever, same result.

I have come to the conclusion that it is probably a defect in my radio which would require service. I was just hoping that someone more knowledgable than me would tell me that I was doing it all wrong, and that my transmitter is ok... hehe
Much to the chagrin of many 7C owners out there (me included) the 7C is not capable of doing a two servo elevator mix. If you do manage to get the combination right the trim will only work for one half. Get yourself a reversing 'y' and that should solve your problems.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:10 PM
danny31292

This is the reason I didn't even think about the 7c. I like my 9c. It will do anything I ask and isn't to hard to figure out. You'll have to buy a servo synchronizer for two elevator servos though.