Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Showtime 50

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 09:59 PM
jkclarkhunting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Showtime 50

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a os 55 will be enough power for the showtime 50. I calls for a 46-52 but this plane seems to big to be able to perform with this power.
Thank you for your help and ideas.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Rebsix
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Showtime 50

I have never owned an OS 55 but I did spend all summer flying a Showtime 50. I have a Saito 91 4-stroke on mine and I didn't have to add any weight to balance. The .91 isn't too much power but it's more than enough to go straight up on take off and keep going until it's almost impossible to see. It weighed 6 pounds dry.

I'd guess the 55 would have slightly less performance but also more than enough to fly the plane trough any maneuver you want to do with it with the right prop. I say go for it, you'll be happy with it.

You'll love the airplane and the way it fly's too. No flight was routine for me, I got excited every time I hit the throttle for take off but it's gentle as a lamb on landing.

Airtronics RD8000 transmitter
6v Battery pack
Hitec HS-475HB servos (elevator, rudder, ailerons) 76 oz.
Hitec HS-81 servo (throttle)
Saito .91A
APC 14x4W (3D)
APC 15x6 (pattern)

Any questions just ask

Jeff