Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

New to Forums

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 11:44 AM
FloridaBandit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Forums

First I would like to bid everyone a good morning.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I have a few questions I figure I will post here since I looked on a few forums and cannot find the proper topics. But before I begin, I suppose I should into myself. My name is Shea, been an avid R/C flyer since I was 10. I got out of the hobby for about 10yrs while I was in the Army and over in Baghdad. Upon return to the US, got divorced from an adulterous wife (who got 2 of my birds in the divorce), and moved back to FL. I now own a Nexstar (yea yea I know) and a .46 scale F4U that will never be done as the rudder and one elevator got lost in the move. And since I suck with building, it's going to become a garage model.

Anyway, my first question.
There are two R/C fields (clubs) here locally in SW FL. However I have a few friends that are more interested in starting our own club. But getting help from the AMA to find a field location has been rather troublesome. Anyone have ideas on that?

Next is an issue I have been having for a few weeks. I am selling off a 96 Cougar as I don't drive it anymore. This will allow a few dollars extra for a new bird. I really want a Cessna 337 Skymaster. Preferrably around .46 or higher. I found one but it seems to have no rudders. And again, I suck at building so I can't really add my own comfortably. Any ideas on that?

Eventually I plan on getting into helicopters. I am watching the economy here for ahwile. If things don't pick up I will probably go back into the Army. Work down here in SW FL is horrid.

Anyway, glad to meet you all.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:57 AM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New to Forums

can't help with the feild but as for the skymaster do a search in the twin forum lookfor the large nitro models 337 buil thread.one of the builders took the time to make operating twin rudders but found that they were not really worth the trouble as they are inefective.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:07 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Something you will find on the east coast, or any heavily populated area, is that flying fields are hard to find, hard to get and hard to keep.

I would say that if you already have two clubs in your area - join one.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:24 PM
acarter

Like Minn said if you have two clubs close by join one or both. If you really want to start a new club at least join one of the clubs to get an idea how things are run and decide how you want to do things. But if I was you just save yourself some hassle and just join a club and have a blast.

Austin
Old 01-27-2008, 10:19 PM
FloridaBandit

That shouldn't be a problem. Still can't find a decent 337. I may grab the one with no rudders. Apparantly they are not needed. I also have an F4U Corsair that I am trying to find replacement parts. Found the manufacturer in China, so hopefully my email will be returned.