Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Help on Futaba radio programming for a brake/retract valve

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Help on Futaba radio programming for a brake/retract valve

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 10:36 PM
flyboymd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on Futaba radio programming for a brake/retract valve

Can someone help me. Building my first turbine model and the retracts came with a valve that is 3 position. Retracts in, out, and out with brakes actuated all with using one servo. I have a Futaba 9C and would like to put the gear on one toggle switch but I would like to put the brake on the spring loaded toggle switch so it can be worked separate from the Gear up/down switch and just actuate the servo further to the brake position. Currently I have it set up on a 3 position switch but I don't like this idea. I would like to work the brakes without fear of retracting the gear on the ground if I flipped it too far. I'm drawing a blank if this can even be done. Any help or advise would be appreciated.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:23 PM
glover1482

Default RE: Help on Futaba radio programming for a brake/retract valve

I'm not completely following your description, however I frequently use my spring-loaded switch (F on my 9CAP) to activate the throttle on my hotliner toys. I do it as follows:

MAS>ARBK
SLV>ARBK
LINK>ON
TRIM>ON
SW>F
POSI>UP
RATE>-100% -100% (up and down)
OFFSET>0%

When SW-F is down the throttle goes to the setting determined by the throttle stick position.

So I'm sure that you can use something like what I do when I place the throttle on AUX2 for "full on" and "full off":

MAS>OFST
SLV>AUX2 (or wherever you have your servo attached)
SW>F
POSI>UP
RATE>-100%

MAS>OFST
SLV>AUX2
SW>F
POSI>UP
RATE>-100%

Note that these two mixes appear to be redundant, but it takes both of them to move a servo from "lock" to "lock".

Fly safe, Glover
Old 01-30-2008, 10:39 PM
flyboymd
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Help on Futaba radio programming for a brake/retract valve

Thanks Man!! Got it. I see the light now.