Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

how to correct elevator pairs mismatch

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

how to correct elevator pairs mismatch

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 03:22 AM
sertac74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to correct elevator pairs mismatch

Hello all,
I have a seagulls low wing 40 size trainer in which one of the elevator pairs losen and do not work just as the other one. I have only a servo controlling the elevator. The one with servo connected works fine but the other side of the elevator somehow travels less when full up (2-3 mm difference). The left pair when full up makes the plane go leftwards since the right elevator pair stays down littele.
Since the pairs connected to each other and meant to be working together i am looking to find the solution for the situation to fix them work together.

Any help will be appreciated and waiting to have good advice to correct the problem.
regards.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:16 AM
broke_n_bummin

Default RE: how to correct elevator pairs mismatch

You could either remove the elevator and join the 2 halves with a piece of music wire and epoxy it in, or separate the 2 halves and install another servo for the other half. Either one is a fairly simple operation. You could probably separate the halves without removing the elevator, but it might be a bit more difficult securing the pushrod to the inside of the fuse.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:05 AM
sertac74

broke_n_bummin , thank you for your advice.
Elevators are already connected to each other with a metal rod and i realised that one side of the metal is losen inside the right elevator. I trimmed the pairs and injected uhu's balsa hard glue inside the rod hole that losened. I will try to fly with this this weekand and will see what hepens. I seems ok for now.

If no good result hepens i will remove the connection rod (at least will try first time) and put another servo for elevator.
Thank you again.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might try sewing the loose rod to the elevator.. pass some thread on both sides from top to bottom of the elevator rod where it goes back in the elevator, then dribble in some CA glue to harden everything.
Adding another servo brings in other problems.