Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

airplane, engine issues

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

airplane, engine issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 06:42 PM
steffeng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airplane, engine issues

ok, I started flying my plane. About five minutes past, and all of a sudden it cut off. So then i tried starting it again. It ran at a very slow speed then cut. Then it didnt start at all.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:23 PM
vrhoward1122
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: airplane, engine issues

What kind of airplane? What size engine? What size fuel tank? Did you check to see if you had fuel left? Also if you are new to this, you may have run your engine way too lean and damaged your engine, but it's too hard to say as I don't know what you have or what your experience is..
Old 02-11-2008, 06:08 PM
steffeng

i am farely new at this, yet ive had someone who is very experienced helpin me out the whole time. It is a 58 inch p-51 .46 evelution, i have a 2 prop on it. 11 oz tank it had about 3/4 fuel left. we drained it put fuel in it, cleared all the lines none of them were cloged.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:34 PM
spitfire66

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello,

This can be caused by a number of things so here are a couple things to do first of all. Check all of your lines and make sure there a no holes or kinks. Did you assemble your fuel tubes into the tank per instructions? If the clunk hits the back of the tank it can stave the engine. That really doesn't seem to be the problem though since it ran for a while. Sounds like the engine was too rich. Check/replace glow plug and try to restart with low-pass needle valve and hi-speed needle valve set to factory settings. If it starts lean as necessary. If you need help learning to lean continue this post and someone will sure help you. Good luck!
Old 02-11-2008, 07:24 PM
acarter

Your best bet is to have your instructor look at it. Getting an engine to run properly is one of the hardest things to learn off the internet. I had an evolution that kept having dead stick so I sent it back. They said it had an air leak in the carb and they sent me a new one right away.

Austin
Old 02-11-2008, 09:38 PM
broke_n_bummin

Sounds like it ran too lean
Old 02-11-2008, 09:42 PM
steffeng

thanks for the sopport im gonna test out some of your ideas and come back to ya