Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Will this transmitter work?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Will this transmitter work?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 12:10 PM
radelow
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this transmitter work?

I am getting back into planes and it has been a very long time. I was going through all my old stuff and came across a Futaba Radio. It is a model FP-T7UAP 7-Channel PCM1024 on channel 22. Will this radio work? If so I was not able to find a receiver. Will any old receiver do? Thanks for your help!

Mark

ps. Here is an EBAY auction of the exact same radio:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Futaba-FP-T7UAP-...02110850a17387
Old 02-13-2008, 12:26 PM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: Will this transmitter work?

Ahhh... The Super Seven. It served me well for years. It is still a legal radio. Any low band Futaba PCM or FM receiver will work with it. Replace the battery pack and you should be good to go. [8D]
Old 02-13-2008, 01:08 PM
John Sohm
My Feedback: (9)

Before you go bidding on this, check out this link. By the time you replace the battery, you can have cutting edge technology. Don't get me wrong, I have a 7UAF and love it. But it is about 20 years old and you have 1 frequency. This is the new spread spectrum stuff.

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../futk6900.html

Sorry I misread your post. I thought you were going to bid on that item. Any Futaba compatible receiver should be fine with that radio. You should be able to find an FM receiver for about $30 ob eBay if you're looking. That battery will set you back a little but check with Batteries America/E.H.Yost, they should have a direct replacement at a good price. I see these guys at the WRAM show in White Plains, NY which, by the way, is coming up soon, weekend of Feb 22 - 24.

http://www.mrnicd-ehyostco.com/
Old 02-13-2008, 01:19 PM
radelow
My Feedback: (1)

To clarify I already HAVE the transmitter. Just need to buy a battery and receiver and go.