Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Getting cheeky

Old 02-27-2008, 12:26 AM
djr1007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting cheeky

I'm working up my first "glue a bunch of blocks together and sand" cowl/nose. I'm using an OS160 and aluminum mount (pretty close to the width of the fuse, so not a lot to work with.
I'd like to glue the cheeks in right up against the mount so that I can get a little narrowing at the nose ring, but a little concerned about vibration with the cheeks touching the mount. The mount is very solid, so I don't think it will be a problem (even long term), but I'd appreciate you all's opinion please.
Thanks.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:54 AM
iron eagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting cheeky

How about mounting the cowl to the mount rather than the firewall?
Old 02-27-2008, 06:00 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Getting cheeky

What airplane is it? How thick are the cheeks? Is it possible to carve away the inside of the cheeks for clearence?

If not, I think I would do the opposite and glue the cheeks to the mount to eliminate having them rub against each other.