Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Battery Reicever Pack and Reciever Question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Battery Reicever Pack and Reciever Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 10:26 PM
ReKLiS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Reicever Pack and Reciever Question

I'm currently building a Great Planes P-40 War Hawk [link=http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma1472.html]link here[/link], I've already bought the glow engine, Servos etc etc etc all the essentials that you need. I've also gutted one of my older planes to use for this project and this is my first time building a gas powered airplane. I've come into a stump. Since the reciever im using was for a Eletric Brushless Motor Super Cub, I don't know how im going to power this server in use with this project. My plans are to buy a reciever battery pack to power the servos in the plane but i don't know what channel to plug the pack in. The Reciever that i have is [link=http://www.dynam-rc.com/products/receiver/5ch.htm#]here[/link]. The current lipo battery that i have is a 11.1V battery which i'm guessing is too powerful to use to plug into the reciever since most battery packs for recievers are 7.4V. Your advice or answers is always welcome thanks in advance
Old 03-01-2008, 10:34 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts
Default RE: Battery Reicever Pack and Reciever Question

Plug a 4 cell battery into a switch and plug it into an unused channel.

No retracts or flaps on that model so just plug it into channel 5

Something around 800 to 1100 mah should be fine.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:38 PM
ReKLiS

does it depend on what voltage? I have a 1250 Mah right now but im scared to plug it into the reciever.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:54 PM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

Don't plug it in! [X(] You will let the smoke out and then you will need a new receiver. You need a regulator if you are going to use the Lipo battery. Otherwise, use a 4 or 5 cell Nicad receiver pack.

[link=http://www.dynam-rc.com/products/accessories/accessories.htm]Regulator[/link]
Old 03-01-2008, 11:26 PM
ReKLiS

hmm okay now i have two options. I either buy a regulator or buy a new battery (a nicad + charger). How much do nicad's usually go for with the charger and how much do regulators go for? I have a 3 cell li po battery btw
Old 03-02-2008, 10:51 AM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

what kind of battery charger do you have for the lipo? what kind of radio are you using? usually the radio comes with a wall charger that you can charge the nicad or mimh battery on no matter how many cells it just charges so many mah per hour. so i would try looking to see if you still have the wall charger that came with your radio and see if it it has two connectors on for the transmitter and one for a battery. since you are going with a smallish plane with no retracts all you need is a 600 mah nicad battery to power it. something like this would work http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPYL6&P=7. i tried looking for a battery in the 600 mah range on servocity but their site was down. servo city has battery specials sometimes that is where i got mine from for my 40 sized airplanes. they 600 mah battery's for 3 bucks one time. they were hitecs with sanyo cells. If you have a decent enough charger for your lipo battery you might also have the ability to charge nicads and nimh with it as well. tell us your transmitter and charger and we might be able to get you down cheaper.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:35 PM
ReKLiS

my charger is a blance charger, 7.4 volt and a 11.1 volt sockets. And my radio didn't come with a wall charger it doesn't use nicad or nimh. It uses 8 double A batteries.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:01 AM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

what is the brand of transmitter that you have?