Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Lanier giant stinger

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Lanier giant stinger

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 10:43 AM
jadec241
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lanier giant stinger

Just got back from Perry. Great show. Purchased a giant stinger that was built, with a wingspan of 84 in. The seller was using a 35cc engine. I plan on using a Quadra 35. The throttle servo I will be using is a Futaba 3004. The elev. will be using 2 servos & a pull pull on the rudder. My question is what servos are best for the airlons & tail feathers? I was looking at the cirrus 601bb with 77 oz. torque. I don't fly 3d, mostly scale. Price is a factor also. The specs from Lanier say at least 70+ oz. torque. Thanks in advance
Old 03-05-2008, 11:34 AM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Lanier giant stinger

JR DS821's are 72 oz/in at 4.8v for 30 dollars a piece. they are digitals so you might need a bigger battery to run them. hitec has the 475hb which has 72 oz/inch at 6v for 18 dollars a piece. but the hb servos are carbonite and i am not sure about using carbonite gears on gas engines due to vibration. and both hitec 645 and 625 mg servos are above 70 oz/in at 40 dollars a piece. the 645 is a metal gear high torque servo rated at 107 ounces per inch at 4.8v for 40 dollars. definitely worth it for at least using on the rudder servo due to the high torque needed for it.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:40 PM
jadec241
My Feedback: (29)

Default RE: Lanier giant stinger

Will check them out. Thanks