Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hobbycity.com support? Anyone have success?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hobbycity.com support? Anyone have success?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:48 PM
twinbrother
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbycity.com support? Anyone have success?

Does anyone have any success with Hobbycity.com support? No one ever picks up the phone and I've already emailed them 5 times regarding the same issue on a warranty item. Seems like there is absolutely no customer support with any of these Chinese companies.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:08 PM
pub

Default RE: Hobbycity.com support? Anyone have success?

I have not had any dealings with Hobbycity,but there servo HXT-12kg sure does look tempting for the price.I sure hope you get some feedback on your question. pub
Old 03-17-2008, 11:11 PM
fozjared

i just received a replacement motor and esc that was not working when i received it the first time.. they replaced the motor and esc, but not the battery that the motor damaged!! on top of that, the motor and esc they replaced with don't work either, which is odd because i looked on the replies for that motor and esc and heard nothing but good!

on the other hand they did keep in contact, and while it took a long time to receive the replacement, and my shipping charges were not refunded, i did get a replacement for some of it.. also i have ordered other motors and esc's and batteries and..well.. i have ordered a lot from them and other than this once everything went smooth and i got great products for CHEAP!! so even though this motor or esc i received today is bunk as well, i will continue to deal with them.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:19 AM
twinbrother

Don't order their servos. Read the reviews on some of them. They're total junk. I ordered 3, a total of $30, and wasted $30. They didn't work as soon as I plugged them in. To return the servos for a replacement is $15 just to ship back. I'm learning now to be careful what I order from hobbycity.com. Only order stuff that is worth sending back in case of a warranty. The zippy lipos are excellent, 5000mah 4 cell. It's half of what the top guys charge. And so far, they are great. Don't know how they will be in the long run, but have over 20 charges on them. I finally got through to customer service after 5 emails and a dozen phone calls. I'm going to get a store credit for my returns, but the other damaged stuff I have, I'm stuck with. Best to buy stuff that won't go bad, such as battery wires, connectors, etc. I'm going to be very cautious with my future purchases. The return postage is just too much.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:10 PM
twinbrother

I finally got through after 12 phone calls and 5 emails. Apparently, hobbycity.com has had my returned items, but no one from customer support contacted me that they received my items. Appears they're not too excited about getting warranty items processed that quick. I'm told I will be getting a store credit on my next purchase, which is fine with me. But as stated earlier in my previous post, I'll be a lot more cautious with my purchases. The shipping charges are insane for returns.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:08 PM
pub

Glad to hear that you did get a response on your order, the review that I read on the HXT-12kg was good,just want to see if anyone is using them? pub