Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Blue Bird servos

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Blue Bird servos

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 11:29 AM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Blue Bird servos

Hi!
Do you know if there is anything wrong with the "Blue Bird" line of servos? Rumors has it that many Blue Bird servos has been bad.
The Swedish importer has taken away the complete line of Blue Bird servos.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Blue Bird servos

I use the Blue Bird bms-380 mg and max almost exclusively for my 40 size planes with absolutely no problems. I have also found that the nylon gears in the regular bms-380 (35 oz torque @4.8 v) are weak and will strip VERY easily.

I haven't used any of the other BlueBird servos.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Blue Bird servos

I've been trying Bluebird servos on a couple of planes. Previously I had tried a couple of their micro servos for throttle servos on .46 sized planes and has bad luck with them failing. I suppose it was from vibration and they were actually meant for an electric.

Recently, I have been flying a Tango/OS .55AX with 4 of the Bluebird digital, metal gear servos. No problems. They seem to work as well as the JR or Hitech digitals I have. Mine are sport digitals and not the really high dollar coreless types.

In another plane, a Stinger 40 ARF powered by an OS .70 Surpass, I am using the high speed, standard size, metal gear servos. They also seem to be working fine. I don't have that many flights on either plane, but I can't fault them at this point.