Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Cheif Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 06:35 PM
masonman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheif Aircraft

I deal alot with cheif. I like there products an prices. I was looking for some SWB Double locking servo arms for my rudder tray an seen that they only have arms for Hitec an JR. With me being a futaba guy that don't help me much.......Was wondering if the JR or Hitec locking arms would work with a futaba servo spline? I have always thought the servo arms did not switch over to diff brands of servos.............Anyhelp would be great....Thanks
Old 03-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Flying freak

Default RE: Cheif Aircraft

ORIGINAL: masonman

I deal alot with cheif. I like there products an prices. I was looking for some SWB Double locking servo arms for my rudder tray an seen that they only have arms for Hitec an JR. With me being a futaba guy that don't help me much.......Was wondering if the JR or Hitec locking arms would work with a futaba servo spline? I have always thought the servo arms did not switch over to diff brands of servos.............Anyhelp would be great....Thanks
Wouldnt recomend it, it may seem like it fits right but it doesnt and you could strip out the spline or servo arm

Swb DOES make some for Futaba it may jsut be that cheif doenst carry them (give them a clal maybe they jsut forgot to list it on there website?) In any case here is swb's website http://www.swbmfg.com/
Old 03-24-2008, 08:39 PM
bigdarylg

if i remember right there is one tooth difference between futaba and hitec
Old 03-24-2008, 09:06 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Futaba and JR are definitely different from each other.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:47 PM
voyager_663rd

ORIGINAL: bigdarylg

if i remember right there is one tooth difference between futaba and hitec

Yup. I believe hitec has 24, the futaba has 25. I've got tons of hitec arms that won't fit my 2 futaba servos[:@]
Old 03-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can be asking for trouble in using servo arms of one brand of servo on another. In general I have found that for standard sized servos (micros are different) that Futaba, DAD, GWS and FMA are interchaneable. Also Hitec, Apollo and Hobbico are the same and JR and Airtronics are interchangeable.