Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Rant on GWS

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rant on GWS

Purchased a GWS receiver (RD8SL 72mhz). I get ready to install it in a plane, and as I normally do, I bench test everything (battery, servos, extensions, switch, etc.). Nothing is working. Try a different TX, still nothing, a different crystal, nada. The receiver is dead.

Since I am still within the 90 day warranty, I get an RMA and send it back for repair/replacement - this is on March 3. On March 19 I still haven't heard anything from GWS so I send an email requesting the status of the receiver. I am told "Your request is processed, however our warehouse is currently out of stock.
We are waiting for shipment. "

Today, April 25, I asked if they had received their receivers yet and could they provide a shipping date.

GWS response: "We are currently waiting for our shipment. " Over 5 weeks and they haven't received a shipment YET ? !!!!! Come on, give me a break !

IMHO - that is not saying much about their customer service.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:17 AM
alfredbmor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rant on GWS

That is a common problem with many overseas manufacturers and unreliable US distributors.