Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Frequency Crystal - Futaba or GWS?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Frequency Crystal - Futaba or GWS?

Old 05-03-2008, 07:23 AM
starfire73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frequency Crystal - Futaba or GWS?

I have recently bough a Futaba 6EX radio, and I would like to switch my receiver that's in my trainer to the frequency that is in my 6EX transmitter. Can I use a GWS crystal? Are they just as good as a Futaba brand? The website says they are compatible in Futaba. I have a R127DF Futaba receiver, and the GWS crystal is a lot cheaper than the Futaba.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:39 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Frequency Crystal - Futaba or GWS?

Starfire,
I know that they say that the crystals are compatible, but when it comes to cyrstals I don't like to take chances like this. The Futaba crystal has been designed for your reciever. If it were me I would say that the few bucks that I save isn't worth the risk of losing the plane. Don't get me wrong, I like to save money when I can. But on something like this the extra money is worth the piece of mind that I would have from using the Futaba crystal.

Ken