Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

14 MZ

Old 06-14-2008, 03:22 PM
overpower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14 MZ

Hey guys im considering getting futabas 14 mz fasst and had a couple questions. I first was wondering how everyone liked it and if they had any problems. Secondly i was wondering if the 14 channel receiver was the only one you can use with the 14 mz or can you use other ones for smaller aircraft thanks in advance.

The Three most Useless things to a pilot
1) The sky above you
2) The runway behind you
3) and a tenth of a second ago
Old 06-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: 14 MZ

I don't have a 14MZ but I would like to suggest a great alternative. If you don't absolutely require 14 channels, the Futaba 12FG is a great alternative. It retains the 2048 resolution that the 14MZ offers.

I do own a 12FG and, through reading published reviews, I have found out that it is equipped with most of the advanced features found in the 14MZ but is about $1,000 dollars less expensive. I am into both jets and helicopters and there is absolutely no way I can make use of all of the available features!

The 12FG uses the same 14 channel receiver the 14MZ does but it can also be used on smaller receivers. I have a 7 channel FASST receiver in my T-Rex 600 helicopter. It has a menu selection to switch to 7 channel mode which you only have to do once when doing the setup for a particular model.

The menu system on the 12FG is either the same or, at least, very, very close to that of the 14MZ at least that is what the reviewers have said..