Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

MDS 48 engine/carb.

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

MDS 48 engine/carb.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 05:32 PM
leotacruiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MDS 48 engine/carb.

i have an mds .48 with a bad carb....or at least i think it is bad. air bubbles coming out of the side of the carb. it will not stay running or can i set the needle so it stays the same. is there and after market carb availale or where can i find a carb for it. thanks
Old 06-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: MDS 48 engine/carb.

MDS was an import from Russia that Horizion brought into this country. Nick named the Many Dead Sticks for A reason. The carbs were junk from the get go, Horizon knew about it and had them do something to the carb?? Not sure what but it didn't help, I have A couple of them they sent me to replace on my .58s and .68 carbs with.
My .68 ran most of the time but only in one plane, A very old Kaos, must have been it liked the fuel tank location in that plane?? The .58 would break the case castings if you got one to run long enough. These engines were such junk Horizon quit importing them.
For the price of A replacement carb I would go to the Kangke Super Kraft site and take A look at the SK brand of engines they carry. In the cheaper engines I have been very happy so far with these. There are A lot of engines out there that are almost the same price as A new carb if you can find one that fits.
If you fell in love with your MDS then contact Horizon and see if maybe they have A carb in the store room collecting dust.