Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Evolution 52NX wont fly HELP

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Evolution 52NX wont fly HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 11:05 AM
ronerjones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution 52NX wont fly HELP

I have a brand new Evo 52nx that is leaking air somewhere between the needle valve and carb. This is actuall engine number 2 with the same issue and am beginning to think it is a manufacturing problem. So question number one are any other flyers out there having any issues with this engine.

Question 2 doues anyone have any suggestions. I have rebuilt the engine twice. first time I replaced all o rings and gaskets as per manufacturer. Second time I trashed all gaskets and replaced with Ultra Copper Gasket maker. I still have air in the fuel that is causing the engine to run lean. the engine is mounted on a profile sideways. I have tried another engine on this plane so I know the fuel system is ok and there are no bubbles in the fuel line prior to the needle.

Please let me know as I am going to go back to the manufacturer with the issue and it would be helpful to know if anyone else out there is having the same issues.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76276.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	975978  
Old 06-28-2008, 10:01 PM
fozjared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evolution 52NX wont fly HELP

maybe try adding a little bit of armor all protectant spray in with your fuel, i have found that on a profile plane where there is maybe a little more vibration than normal the fuel has a tough time moving through the line without separating and causing air bubbles, the oil in the armor all causes the fuel to be a little more viscous as well as increasing cohesion of the fuel particles while allowing it to move through the line smoother all at the same time, so give that a try and see if that helps anything..