Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Analog Servos w/Spektrum Rx?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Analog Servos w/Spektrum Rx?

Old 07-04-2008, 11:01 PM
MountainBoomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Analog Servos w/Spektrum Rx?

I've been flying R/C off-and-on for about 22 years, more off than on thoughhaven't flown since about '03. I'm getting rid of old radio systems (AM 72 MHz stuff) and converting from glow to electric power. I was comfortable with my old setups but am SLOWLY learning the ins and outs of the new hardware available.

First and foremost: I have one of the new Spektrum systems I ordered during their "buy one receiver, get one free" promotion from a couple of months ago. The full-up system came with digital servos. I have a Goldberg Ultimate biplane with an old Circus Hobbies Galaxy (=JR) radio systemI took that out, but I left the original (analog) servos in it for now, since it looks like the Spektrum system utilizes the same old standard JR connectors. My question is, will the old analog servos work with the new receiver; i.e. is the "digital" of a "digital servo" a measure of its resolution/precision or a descriptor for the signal it gets from the receiver? Can I use these old servos or will I have to swap them out with the new ones? I'm trying not to do any more work than I have to!
Old 07-04-2008, 11:06 PM
trickydevil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Analog Servos w/Spektrum Rx?

Yes, it will be fine, makes no difference. The only thing you could check is whether the "old servos" are still working ok.

Richard