Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Shipping Cost

Old 07-16-2008, 11:22 PM
FUN IN THE SUN
My Feedback: (151)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping Cost

I was just wondering if any member has lost sales due to the cost of shipping ? I have had buyers respond in shock to the cost of shipping an item to their location . The gas & diesel prices have gotten out of hand and have changed what we can ship and if a sale can be completed or not . U.P.S. & Fed X have gotten too expensive due to all the surcharges they add. I try to use Grey Hound bus as much as possible but it too is getting expensive . Would enjoy hearing from other R.C.U. members as to how they are coping with the shipping expense and if you have any tips . Buyers have to remember that the price for boxes , packing p-nuts , bubble wrap & tape have gone up in price as well and a 60 inch tall box can add up in just the packing cost before the shipping . I hear that oil has gone down a little , lets hope it keeps going down a lot more & that the carriers will adjust their prices soon . Lookingh for your two cents ..
Old 07-17-2008, 07:52 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Shipping Cost

The price per barrell did drop a little, however we as consumers will not see any drop in gas prices that are going to make a difference. Shipping has gone up and will continue to climb as long as oil is going up, as will anything that is made with petroleum base's, like plastic's and such. I have been using the Post Office of late to send things. They have gone up however not as bad as UPS and Fedex. Good Luck, Dave
Old 07-17-2008, 08:19 AM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Shipping Cost

A few of my kits get sent outside of N.A. to Europe and Austrailia. Many of these folks are set forth with decision of shipping being about 1/3 the cost then. Nothing unusual for shipping cost to be in the $35 to $45 range for them now. I usually let them calculate the shipping costs themselves via on of the online calculator, instead of me quoting a figure, and they can then see what is being absorbed and what is being passed on.

As for USPS shipments, when the federally supplied triangular shipping box weighs in at OVER one pound, then you immediately have a surcharge of $5 (to ship an empty box) for a basic $7 item. I was told that the increases on shipping costs via Postal service accrued from 1/2 year ago, when congress OK'd the extra charge. Now that fuel has entered into the increase, expect yet another $2 boost about 4-5 months from now, for they approved yet anothr rate increase a few months ago.

"Oops, did we authorize that?"

Wm.