Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

evo 40nt needle valve assy

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

evo 40nt needle valve assy

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Robby6Pack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evo 40nt needle valve assy

I am new to this whole gig. I have aquired an older trainer and an evolution .40 alpha engine. I have a little problem with the engine. The needle valve assy keeper (the little clicker that keeps the valve from moving) was bent in a manner that allows the adjuster to turn past the stoper. I can turn the valve several revolutions. I will bend the "clicker" back, but need to know how many turns from the fully closed postion to start with. I hope this makes sense. I don't know if I can actually tune this engine if I am so far off to start with. Any and all help is appreciated.

THANKS,
Robby
Old 07-30-2008, 10:52 PM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: evo 40nt needle valve assy

robby,

that "clicker" is just a factory installed stop(blue ring with a peg right ?) so people cant over adjust the needles. i have 3 of the evo engines and took them all off as some need a little more adjusting than others.

a good starting point is to turn the needle all the way in (not to tight can wreck it) then back it out about 2 to 2 1/2 turns the engine should start and run at that setting. if your not sure how to tune the engine i would suggest getting help from someone at your club who knows how to tune engines.

here is a link to the manual that might help you also = http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...nualUpdate.pdf

hope this helps.

bassman
Old 07-31-2008, 04:51 PM
Robby6Pack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: evo 40nt needle valve assy

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

Robby