Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

What causes glitches?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

What causes glitches?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 10:47 AM
BrentL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What causes glitches?

I have a 35Mhz JR Quattro transmiter and R700 receiver. Bottom of the range stuff, but it works brilliantly. Most of the time.

There's a corner in the field where I fly (not a club field, just a large open space over the road from where I live) where my planes glitch like crazy. I actually lost a plane there on Friday - first time I discovered the glitch - but have since flown a more stable plane through the same area to check, and it goes nuts.

Weird thing is, it's just a field! No power lines, no phone lines, no cellular towers or anything else I can see that could be causing the problem.

What sort of things can cause FM radio systems to glitch? Am I missing something?
Old 08-18-2008, 11:31 AM
alfredbmor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my plane What causes glitches?

There are many things to check out but firstly I would avoid flying where you have had that many glitches.
You have to check the length of your receiver’s antenna, also check that it is not twisted.
Perform several range checks, better if you have someone to help you, then start the engine walk away of your model about 30 paces (90 feet) and see if it works fine on all surfaces when you WOT. (Your antenna should not be extended at this time)
There are some places where you should avoid to fly and those are where you can see High Power Lines and some places where there are big electric motors working at that time (Some farms have some big electric motors that produce some noise that interfere with our FM radios (72 mhz).
Have you tested flying in an approved flying field?
Does it perform the same?

If it seems to does the same then send it to Horizon to check it out.

Good luck.