Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

JR DX6i Spectrum radio

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

JR DX6i Spectrum radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 10:01 PM
firefighterjake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR DX6i Spectrum radio

sorry
Old 02-22-2009, 01:46 AM
Supercharged6-71
My Feedback: (1)

firefighterjake...... I lost a lot of money last year from this radio problems. I will not EVER, EVER use JR anything again. I sold all my JR equipment on e-bay. I purchased Futaba 7C FASST system, purchased enough receivers to out fit my whole fleet, I spent a small fortune on all this, but it was well worth the expense. This futaba blows that JR crap away. I don't like calling a product names but those radio's and not just the dx6i, the dx7 also are crap.
I have been in contact with a gent who has lost 4 planes himself and has had others at his flying field loose planes all using JR spectrum radios. All within the last 2 months. Horizon replaced radio gear and nothing else, this is what they did for me also, they did repair my engine, but never has been the same.
I believe someone owes us all who have lost planes, I lost everything in one crash nothing was recoverable. This was a giant, I lost a lot of money that day. But hey they (meaning horizon) sells planes and gear, if you crash they sell more planes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyh73...e=channel_page
This is a video of my giant edge crashing, I just happened to be recording this when it happened.
NEVER NEVER USE JR SPECTRUM.....Just a WARNING
Old 03-30-2009, 04:56 PM
juggler-3310

Supercharged, this may have been the source of your problems with your Spectrum transmitter:

http://www.hangar-9.com/Articles/Art...ArticleID=1885

juggler
Old 03-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Supercharged6-71

Yes I wread about this. I sold all my JR gear, I no longer use anything that is 2.4 that is JR. I do have some PCM radio's, but no spectrum.
I went to Futaba, and I love it. I feel more conected to my aircraft, can't explain it, but I feel more conected. Response is faster, not sure what it is about, but I feel it. Never again nothing but futaba in my planes, if it's 2.4.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:11 PM
FW190 Dave

deleted
Old 03-31-2009, 09:49 AM
slacker steve

Supercharged... I agree. The Futaba system seems to be a better more reliable system. I am in central IL and it seems like everyone thinks JR is just the Dogs Nuts.. I Fly in the Decatur IL Club... Where do you Fly at?
Old 03-31-2009, 03:15 PM
Supercharged6-71

I fly at Tom's field at Lake Sangchris. I did fly in Riverton at the knights of the air. I have a video of my 77 inch edge going down, I just so happened to put a video camera on my plane when it crashed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyh73...e=channel_page
That is the link to my video on youtube.
The reason everyone in this area uses JR is we have only one hobby shop, They stock only one radio, JR. Sure they can get you another radio, if you don't want it today.
When I went in to buy my radio I tried to get them to order me futaba. They kick and moaned so much I finally just bought that JR Spectrum they had setting right there. I will never ever let someone tell me what I want. I went in for a futaba radio and should have left that store with a futaba radio, or atleast ordered one, but like I said they moaned so much and spoke so highly of this radio, I will love it, is what they kept telling me.
I hated it from day one. the charge jack was wrong in my first radio right out of the box. Think they just gave me another radio, no way. I had to waid 2 months for Horizon to fix it, so I purchased another so I could fly. Before horizon ever fix the first one, horizon had the second because of this radio problem.
Like I said NEVER AGAIN, only futaba for me.
Still to this day, walk into this hobby shop and try and order something, they will tell you what you want. My son went in and wanted a 1/5 scale nitro motorcycle. They would not order this. They ordered the electric, but would not order the nitro. This guy kept telling my son, who is 25, you don't want that, its nothing but problems, gas, oil on tires, hard to drive, go electric, is what this man kept saying.
My son came home, called them a few names, got on the computer and ordered himself two nice 1/5 scale bikes. We just love them.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:39 PM
slacker steve

That sucks what happened to your plane. I hate to hear that about Hobby Stores. There are just so few around anymore. You said that you did fly at Riverton. I just looked that club up and seems like it would be an easy place for me to fly when I am in the Springfield area. I have Family in Pleasant Plains that I visit a lot. Would that be the best place to fly at or are there better clubs to join in the area?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Supercharged6-71

Not sure if you watched my video, but I was standing on the other side of the tree's where the plane went through, I was about 130 feet from it. All I saw was dust, I found pieces, I sold those pieces on e-bay for I think 10 bucks or so, and that man put that plane back together. He e-mailed me yesturday and said he is ready for radio installation. I was shocked.
That would be a great field to fly at. It's open anytime, right off 72 at the riverton exit. Go south 1/4 mile on the right on the other side of tree line. If you just stop in as a guest every know and then, no biggy, just have your A.M.A with you and you are set. It looks out in nowhere but it is being watched and some might come out and see who you are untill they get to know you. You will like it. I don't fly there anymore, it faces the sun and my eye's just can't take it anymore. I drive to Sangchris lake and fly there. We have mulit runways, none facing the sun.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:14 PM
Supercharged6-71

This is my Edge after the crash and what I sold on e-bay
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19458.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1170269   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84564.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	1170270  
Old 03-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Supercharged6-71

Check out this trailer I saw today to haul your planes. it has air conditioning, heating, generator, frig. 10,000 lbs axles brakes on each wheel, electric jack. The doors are 10 feet wide, the shelves move anywhere you want them, there is 3 big storage bays in the floor, this was the sh**
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28928.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	1170271   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71600.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	1170272   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr42064.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1170273   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ke91824.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1170274  
Old 03-31-2009, 09:21 PM
Supercharged6-71

This trailer was made just for airplanes, 12,500, even has all LED lights... I want this trailer. Could use it for my shop and then just pull it to the field. I like this.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:15 AM
slacker steve

Yeah I watched your video. That would really freak me out not have control of that thing like that. Anyways, thanks for the info on the club. Trailer looks nice too.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:12 PM
ricomari

Hey guys, I looking to get a DX6I when they're back in stock at Horizon. I plan to put it in a Giant Stick w/Fuji32. Will this radio allow for flap and elevator mixing?
Old 04-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Supercharged6-71

Yes it does offer this mix. Good luck.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:20 PM
ricomari

ORIGINAL: Supercharged6-71

Yes it does offer this mix. Good luck.
Thanks! Henry
Old 04-25-2009, 02:49 PM
twinbrother
My Feedback: (7)

Maybe I should switch to Futaba. I've been having major issues binding the DX6i to the AR6000 receivers. They just don't bind well, and actually lose their bind the next day after a successful bind the night before. I emailed Horizon about it and currently waiting for a reply. We'll see what they say, but I'm not expecting much after reading the posts here. I have noticed that under hard flying, my DX6 and the AR6000 will shut down (I lose all control). I used to fly my planes in succession without any rest. I fly electric, putting up my plane for about 10 minutes, land, and then go right back up. I've noticed that when the esc gets very warm, the receiver tends to shut down. Maybe the Spektrum receivers can't handle the heat quite as well. I don't know what it is. Maybe they need extra cooling. I no longer fly my electric planes in that fashion. I get an esc with higher amperage rating, don't over abuse my motor, and make sure everything stays cool. I don't even let things get warm. I haven't had an issue since I made those changes. My only issue now is the binding with my DX6i to the park flyer AR6000. No problems when I try to bind the DX6i to the AR62000 though. Don't know what's going on. If I keep having issues, I may sell all my stuff and switch to Futaba.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Adui

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Odd, I run a DX6i and Ive never had a binding issue. the 6000 is the Rx that comes with it correct? I believe I have two of those and not once have I had issues. (Unless you count dropping the TX, but even that got fixed)
Old 04-25-2009, 06:52 PM
twinbrother

Sorry buddy, but the AR6200 comes with the DX6i. The AR6000 comes with the DX6. So you're having no problems because you're binding it to the AR6200, which has no issues. And neither do I with the AR6200.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:19 AM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
Have been using JR since they started in 1980, X347 and X 388, no problem what so ever! Since 2 years back I use 2 Spektrum units, a DX6i and a DX-7 transmitter, No problems with those either. Use both Ar 6200 ,7000 and 9100 receivers.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:40 PM
twinbrother

Any issues with the AR6000s? That seems to be the problem here. I have the DX6i and AR6200 also and no problems with that. I just want to know if anyone has gotten anywhere with Horizon regarding fixing the binding issue of AR6000 with the DX6i, because it appears Horizon can't fix that problem and has no solution for their customers.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:23 AM
Supercharged6-71

I never tried a AR6000 receiver. I only used the AR6200 that comes with the DX6i. Not everyone has had problems with this radio. But in my area, there have been a lot of issue's. Not sure what the problem is, but there is, or was a problem.
Sense changing radio manufactures, I have not had one radio related crash. I still am scared to death every time I put a plane in the air, that I will loose all radio signal. But this has not happened. Its still very hard to get over that feeling that any second its all going to be over. I lost so many planes last year to this problem, everytime a plane went up, it seemed as you started out flying a remote, and it went to a Free Flight Plane every time. No fun at all.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:53 AM
CWHFSR

I guess I'll jump on the wagon here as someone having issues with a Spektrum 6i. I lost one plane about 2 months ago and blamed it on myself because I thought that I just did something wrong. Then about 3 weeks ago I went out with my trusty Stryker and had the same listed issue, it was like the receiver and the transmitter lost contact (this was with a different receiver in this plane than the in the prior crash). I did some flying testing with the stryker up higher and would loose control for about 4-7 seconds at a time.

I then got my second plane and did a range-test with the transmitter (and again a different receiver) and as I was walking away I was getting about 15-20 steps away and the signal would come and go where I could-then-couldn't control the plane (at least this was on the ground!).

I took my transmitter to my LHS who said they would ship it back. That was about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Adui

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No apology necesary, I just couldnt remember LOL!

Hopefully Horizon makes it right for these guys with problems, I know they id me better than right on my repair, and it was my fault!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Supercharged6-71

Horizon replaced my radio's, for I had more then one. They also repaired my engine. But I lost over 15 servo's, a few batteries, and a few planes. If you add up what this cost me in equipment and planes this is a small fortune.