Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Dremel 8000 Lithium Ion / tool forum

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Dremel 8000 Lithium Ion / tool forum

Old 08-27-2008, 10:40 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dremel 8000 Lithium Ion / tool forum

I have a Dremel. It works great. But my brother gave it to me when I was 12. Now I am 47. And I have been wanting a cordless Dremel for some time. And I wanted one that accepts the 90 degree angle attachment. I ordered the new Dremel 8000 Lithium Ion and I look forward to getting it. I've only been putting this off for 20 years.

So, does anyone else have a Dremel 800/8000 model and if so, what do you think of it ?

And another idea occured to me. What would you think of a "tool" forum?
Old 08-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Spitfire222

Default RE: Dremel 8000 Lithium Ion / tool forum

I bought a Dremel 8000 for my dad last Christmas as an upgrade for his old cordless Dremel. I've used it a few times (I prefer to not have to worry about battery charge; he got me the 400 XPR as a Christmas gift as well 2 years ago), and its excellent. Very light, very powerful, and of course, the battery charge is very good. I love Dremel tools, and this one is another great product from them. Since its a newer model, it fits all of the Dremel attachments, like the 90 degree adapter and the drill press, etc. You'll love it, period. [8D]
Old 08-28-2008, 08:20 AM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

I have the 8000. I like it so much I rarely use my corded dremel. It has basially as much "umph" as the corded version, it is light, and easier to handle I think becasue the cord, or lack thereof, isn't catching on crap all the time. My only cons are it doesn't fit the router attachment well, but it does fit, and the front bearing housing seems a bit weaker than the corded versions, but the corded front bearing housing wasn't the greatest either. Overall, I'd say it is a stong "buy".
Old 08-30-2008, 07:57 AM
camdyson

Love mine - so much nicer that the mains one. Only complaint is there's no convenient on/off switch on it, you just have to set the speed and "hit the job running". It would be nice to be able to, as an example, ease the sanding drum into a tight space BEFORE hitting the power. Bit hard to keep the tip still while twiddling the rpm dial up.

Otherwise, favourite tool in the workshop. I got the keyless chuck - a must in my book.

Cam