Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Vibration in Frenzy from Hangar 9?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Vibration in Frenzy from Hangar 9?

Old 08-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Aerobat5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration in Frenzy from Hangar 9?

The plane flies great. Equipped with a Saito 1.25, APC 15x4W prop, and Futaba 7C 2.4 radio. Except!!!!! I have this vibration at mid range engine speed. Prop is perfectly balanced, all covering is tight. Please help if you have any experience with this. I'm afraid the airframe will fatigue and come apart in the air.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:51 AM
kid chuckles

Default RE: Vibration in Frenzy from Hangar 9?

Just yesterday i was working on my Frenzy I have had awhile now but have not flown much because of heat here. Last time out it died just at takeoff and I picked it up by the rudder to drag back and it came off in my hand. I have built quite a few ARF planes and know i CA'ed the hinges but it came off. I fixed it and then motor decided to not work properly. I installed a glow driver (hate the inverted motor) and fired it up and set everything but plane was vibrating and i had not noticed it so much before. Changed prop to one i know is balanced and it still vibrated. I cheked the motor mount and engine mounting bolts and tightend a little. Then looked and one firewall bolt backed out. Retightened and cranked it up and killed it and checked again and mount was broken at one of the engine mount bolt holes. This is my second Frenzy as my first i got confident with and screwened up. This one has just not flown the same. My wing saddle did not fit right on either and i added foam to keep the wings tighter. Don't know what it is but i also have the vibration from something. My shaft on motor is right and all. Everything is set up as my other just not the same plane lol. Good luck finding the vibration.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:21 AM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

I've noticed that mine seems to vibrate a lot but then I've owned 4 U Can Do's (46 and 60) and they all vibrated a lot too. Just something in the design I guess. That and having a big 4 stroke on it. I bet they would work better with a 90 size 2 stroke on them. In my opinion they don't need a 125 on them either. Seems to me like it's too much engine for it.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

15X4 is way too small for a 125. I swing an APC 15X4 with my 82!. If you want low pitch, go with a 16 or 17 incher.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:17 AM
Aerobat5

Curious. My 15x4Wgets me just the right RPM for mid speed flight. I tried a 16x4W and the RPM dropped way off. What RPM are you getting on your .82??