Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

How do i wire in an extra battery for retract servo?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

How do i wire in an extra battery for retract servo?

Old 09-04-2008, 08:21 AM
laiosto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i wire in an extra battery for retract servo?

I will be using mechanical retracts on my next plane,and the makers suggest using a dedicated battery just for the retract servo so the main pack won't get drained if the retracts hang up. How does one go about this? My first idea was to use a Y-lead and seperate the signal wire ,cut the + and - wires on one plug which would plug into the receiver.The other plug would connect to the extra battery.Is this correct? Also what capacity battery is neede. The plane is a .40 sized Great Planes Ultra Sport. Cheers.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:55 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: How do i wire in an extra battery for retract servo?

For a 40-size Ultra Sport you don't need a dedicated battery. Just use a Retract servo and you'll be fine.

I designed a set of retracts several years ago and they were originally for my Ultra Sport 40. They are strong and they put minimum strain on the servo which helps the servo use much less battery power. They are available through 3DX Hobbies.

http://www.3dxhobbies.com/Mechanical..._p/buz4060.htm