Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Where can I find.

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Where can I find.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Smoggyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I find.

Looking to give my self a bit more ground clearance on a GS Spit. I have been looking every where on the web for NYLON three blade spinners and decent scale/ish looking 3 blade props. Size seems to be the issue here as I need a 4 1/2' (114mm) spinner and 18x8 or 16x10 3B Prop.
Does anyone know a web site where I can find them?????????? without it costing 150usd.

Thanks
Old 09-07-2008, 07:20 AM
fancman
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Where can I find.

http://www.dbproducts.com/ Dave Brown makes spinners for less than Tru Turn and I've had great service from all I've purchased. Master Airscrew makes a 16X10 three blade prop.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Smoggyboy

Thanks fancman,

I have had a look and I should find what I want but the prop may now be the problem, Without going overboard on price the biggest 3B prop I can find is the 16x10 you pointed out but I doubt its enough for the Saito 220.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

After the Master Airscrew 16X10 you get into the very high priced 3Bs. I ran into the same problem A few years back. I hope things have changed A bit, sometimes we just need A normal everyday three blade that isn't going to empty our pockets.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:44 PM
fancman
My Feedback: (16)

http://www.aircraftinternational.com/

They have 17X10 carbon props
Old 09-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I realize this isn't scale, but you do not see the prop when the engine is running.

Can you go to larger wheels and/or longer struts for the ground clearance you need ? It may be less expensive.

GENERAL RULE OF THUMB - when going from a 2 blade to a 3 blade prop - go 1" less in diameter OR 1" less in pitch for equivalent performance. A 3 blade prop is not going to be as efficient as a 2 blade prop.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Smoggyboy

Thanks for all the input guys, I have asked on the Saito forum if the 16x10 3B is enough prop for the 220/36cc, personnaly I doubt it.
I think it will need 18X8 to avoid under proping it.
Campy
I looked at extending the struts/wheels option, and I really dont want hastle of carving out the wheel wells and modifying the rails.
Grey Beard
Things have not changed at all, once you go beyond 16x10 3B to what seems to be the next popular size 18x8 3B is 25usd more.

I found 18x8 3B on the Graupener web site, (very nice looking props) a new item, but they will only sell within Germany for some reason.
I am going to have a look at the zinger web site.
Thanks
Dave