Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

os 91 fx (ring) - dead stick

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

os 91 fx (ring) - dead stick

Old 09-07-2008, 10:50 AM
vivekbali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default os 91 fx (ring) - dead stick

i have a brand new os.91fx (ring) on my YAK 54 (63 inch wing span). i am using the lowest (manual) recommended prop - 15x8, though i would love to use a lower pitch. however, i want the engine to get broken in as per the manual.

my problem is that whenever i climb vertically, the engine just quits & when i do a snap roll, or waterfall, knife edge etc, the rpm immediatly falls and i have to immediatly come out of the manuver. i have checked and rechecked the plumbing and the fuel tank. there seems to be no problem when the tubing etc also. what could be the problem? would appreciate your suggestions.

thx
Old 09-07-2008, 04:15 PM
jetmech05

Default RE: os 91 fx (ring) - dead stick

How many flights on this engine? I've found that new engines seem to dead stick alot more than a broke in engine. Especailly when doing aerobatics.....give your engine 10 to 15 flights then set the low end and high end and see what happens
Good Flyin
Old 09-08-2008, 11:45 AM
skidd1000

Default RE: os 91 fx (ring) - dead stick

What fuel are you using? I watched a guy fly a b17 this weekend with 4 91fx motors on it. His never missed a beat and he said he only runs 5% nitro.