Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Futaba Radios vs JR

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Futaba Radios vs JR

Old 09-10-2008, 01:20 PM
heavy metal thunder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Radios vs JR

Over the years, I have quite a few (10+) Futaba receivers (FM and PCM) dating back to old Conquest series to the newer 1024's. I was wondering if Futaba sells a radio that will allow me to use them. JR sells the XP7202, which works great and allows me to use all of my old and new JR receivers SPCM, ZPCM, and FM. The XP7202 could be purchased for about $100. Does Futaba produce similar TX ?
Old 09-10-2008, 04:14 PM
aerowoof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba Radios vs JR

fm will not be a problem it is the old 512 pcm that could be as far as I know there are no new futaba tx that do 512 pcm
Old 09-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new Futaba 10 is also good for 2.4, PCM and PPM so you can use both your old gear and the new 2.4.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:12 PM
alfredbmor

If you already own some JR receivers, then you will want to get a new JR computerized radio which will work with all your existent receivers (Positive shift) if you have Futaba receivers (Negative shift) then they will not work with any JR Radio.
Futaba does sell also a 7 channel radio and probably could be found at the same price at ebay. Personally I do like better the JR radio which is easier to program and have many features as well as synthesized system which allows you to fly in different channels depending on your receiver's crystals.
I also like the feel of the JR radio in my hands I guess that it is ergonomically engineered.
Check how many usable receivers you already have, it is an investment, and if you can purchase the radio for 100 dlls. then there is not much to look after.

Regards:

Alfred.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

You may want to look at the Polk Tracker radios. They are shift selectable for each model
Old 09-10-2008, 08:16 PM
heavy metal thunder

I forgot to mention my Futaba receivers are on different channels. Does Futaba make a synthesized TX much like my JR XP7202 that will allow me to change channels without having to buy more crystals. Thanks all for the quick response.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:20 PM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Yes, synth modules on 72mhz are available for mid-high end futaba radios. Side note, some Futabas radio will work with JR PPM receivers. Check out www.futaba-rc.com for more info on which radio does what.