Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

zenoah 26cc ei gas engine

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

zenoah 26cc ei gas engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 07:22 PM
rthalls
My Feedback: (63)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zenoah 26cc ei gas engine

I just bought two zenoah 26cc ei gas engines and here is my problem . they run just fine but my radio go crasy , what do I need to do to fly these things - no one at the flying field can come up with a answer - we seperated wires and moved the parts away from the RX and even took them out of the plane and put them on the ground under the plane and still interfered with RX

HELP thanks
Old 09-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: zenoah 26cc ei gas engine

Go on over to the gas engine forum and take A look, it's been answered a number of times. You are getting hit with RF noise and probably have things set up wrong for A gasser. I just know someone here is going to tell you to go buy A 2.4 radio!!
Old 09-12-2008, 03:16 PM
rthalls

have been to that post but see nothing new that I have not done ......dose the plugs that come in the engine the resister type ?
Old 09-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Jester241

I think they do have to be the resister type. I just flew my first gas flight a few hours ago! I'm hooked on gas now....
Old 09-13-2008, 07:14 PM
rthalls

I found the problem to day and want to let every one know - THE PLUG WIRE WASN'T PUSHED ON FAR ENGOUGH ....... make sure the plug wire is pushed all the way on till it snaps , will never make that mistake again ............
Old 09-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Jester241

Cool!...And thanks for letting us know what was wrong and it wasnt somthing major. I was worried about it as I'm just new to gassers myself,and thats one less issue I need to be concerned about.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:17 PM
cap10b

All,
I was gonna say I have a Zen 26EI that runs great no RF and I noticed that Zenoah uses the same ignition cap as 3W along with the CM6 plug and I remermber 3W warning you to make sure the cap goes all the way down over the spark plug base and locks. Its hard to get back off and you dont want to pry it or twist it but no RF. Glad you found the problem. Great little engine isnt it !! wish it had a little more power but then if it did it wouldnt be such a sweetheart of a motor.

Good Luck

JDS
Old 09-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have never seen A loose plug cap do that, when my cap is loose my engines just won't start or they reu so ragged I have to shut them down and look for A problem. I have seen A lot of people forget and use A metal rod for the throttle and seen all the RF kicking servos around. I went over to the gas engine forum and found several threads on setting up A gasser that go into great detail about it.
Glad you found your problem and it was A simple one. I once changed my set up several times then found out I had A bad RX antenna, that took A while.