Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Dubro heavy duty ball links

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Dubro heavy duty ball links

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 04:41 PM
sportflyer-RCU
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dubro heavy duty ball links

While looking thru my stash of servo links, push rods , etc etc, I can across some older Dubro Heavy Duty ball links that are of the snap in variety not the bolt on type. The ball link looks very large compared to the bolt on type. I was wondering whether you folks have any experience using these for 80 inch Span aerobatic planes? I was thinking of using them on the rudder servo arms since I have 2 rear servos in push pull config for the rudder function. Think its safe? or should i just relegate them to smaller planes and use the ball links with the hex screw. TKs
Old 09-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: Dubro heavy duty ball links

I only use them for throttle. I just worry about any stress on the bal link that is not straight on would pop it off. With that said, I am building a TF P47 kit right now that uses one of the pop off ball links to join both ailerons to the servo. I didnt use it, but apparently its a lot more secure than it looks.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

ORIGINAL: sportflyer-RCU
I was thinking of using them on the rudder servo arms since I have 2 rear servos in push pull config for the rudder function.
What do you mean by that? One servo pulls one way while the other pushes? Or are the servos chained together?
Old 09-14-2008, 06:39 PM
sportflyer-RCU
My Feedback: (35)

One pull one push .