Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Wiring a battery for reract servo

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Wiring a battery for reract servo

Old 09-15-2008, 01:56 AM
jwmachon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring a battery for reract servo

I will be using mechanical retracts on my next plane,and the makers suggest using a dedicated battery just for the retract servo so the main pack won't get drained if the retracts hang up. How does one go about this? My first idea was to use a Y-lead and seperate the signal wire ,cut the + and - wires on one plug which would plug into the receiver.The other plug would connect to the extra battery .Is this correct? Also what capacity battery is neede. The plane is a large msutang model. Cheers.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:12 AM
Flying freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wiring a battery for reract servo

You almost have it right but you only have to cut the '+' leave the "-" alone

As far as capacity if you have a smaller battery back laying around it will work you could probably get away with somthing from about 350mah and up Dont forget that you will need another switch between the battery and the y harness

Steven