Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Futaba 10C compare to the JRX9303 bith 2.4ghz

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Futaba 10C compare to the JRX9303 bith 2.4ghz

Old 09-15-2008, 11:50 AM
videorov
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 10C compare to the JRX9303 bith 2.4ghz

Wonder how their features compare and feel and weight of them. How easy to program each.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:03 PM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Futaba 10C compare to the JRX9303 bith 2.4ghz

Ugh... this will be interesting. I understand the desire to compare, but it may be best if you can actually find peeps or a LHS with these two radios so you compare them in person then make your own decision before the mouthpieces start bashing the radios. Both are fine radios. The 10C is ahead of the 9303 in programming features, just follow the links to see details. Weight and feel is personal and depends on flying style (thumbs/fingers) so I won't comment. Ease of programming is dependent upon the person. I think Futaba radios are easier to program, but I have close friends of mine that think the JR is easier. So I'd say both are easy to program.

http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Def...ProdID=JRP2915
http://2.4gigahertz.com/systems/futk9250.html
Old 09-15-2008, 03:19 PM
videorov

Yes I hear some say the JR is easier and some say they like the Futaba. I know Futaba has been around
for a long time. I use to use them in the 70's. Im just getting back into flying and first I was thinking
only Futaba but then I saw the JR radios out there too.
I was kinda set on the JR but now the Futaba has come out with the 10C that looks intersting.
What features are you talking about that are new on the 10C? Im a little new to some of the feature
that are on these new radios but might be using them in the future.
Im going use it also on my Pheonix and Aerofly sim's. I have cables for JR radios for the sims but would have to pick up
some cables for the Futaba if I bought one of those. I will have to check and see if they have the 10c listed on the sims
yet. They alot of transmiters listed on them. I was planning on buying a x9303. I guess I could put a DX6i on the sime for
something to use with it. The cable will work with a spectrum or JR. But maybe it might be better to use the
same radio for the sim as I fly with. Have to make up my mind. I found some good deals on the X9303 around $500
with no servos or rcvr. I have some planes but they are on 72mhz later I would change their rcvrs.
I wonder what the 10C prices are out there any good deals.
There might be since its new and they want to get some business back from JR.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:52 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Both radios have been reviewed in magazines and on-line. If you want to compare them, download a copy of the manuals as well as the marketing materials.

All of that is pretty much worthless. The question is what do you want to do with it?

I am a glider pilot primarily, so my needs will be different from someone who flies pattern planes. There may be some mixes or features that work for one of us that don't work well for the other. But, in fact both will work.

If you are looking at radios at this price point, do you care about receiver prices. Do you fly small planes? This is a huge difference between the two as Futaba does not have much in small, light, inexpensive receivers. JR/spektrum have a large selection of receivers.

So, what do you want to do with the radio?
Old 09-15-2008, 07:05 PM
videorov

I didn't know that Futaba didn't have small rcvrs, that good to know. I know they tend to cost more too. Sothat is a
pluf for the JR spectrum radios since I do fly some foamies alot. I also was planning on changing out some 72mhz
rcvrs planes sometimes over to 2.4ghz so the spectrum would be cheaper to do that. Most just need 4 servos to
run them. The JRX9303 might be best for me.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:59 PM
jetmech05

what has sold me on the 10c is that I can use the module off of my 9c and still fly 72mhz......The 10c isn't the first generation of Futaba's 2.4......now I don't know for sure but I've read the programming is supposed to follow a more logical flow....whatever that is...easier than a 9c...figures just getting the hang of my 9c lol
Old 09-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Hughes500E
My Feedback: (16)

It is personal however, I recently bought a 10C, I am enjoying it. I also recently won an X9303 radio system at a Fly In.
I never got to know the JR real well but flipping through them side by side, interesting programming with multiple buttons to press. I'm sure once you wrap your head around it, it would come easier! I couldn't see the screen on the JR, 10C is back lit. Sorry to say it, I'm not one to participate in a ford vs chevy thread but the gimbal feel on the 10C was of much better quality than the JR........ Love the fact the JR comes with higher capacity battery packs. In the end though, either radio is sure to be good to you for a long time!

I do hear good support coming from JR, I was just not impressed with it myself!
Old 09-15-2008, 10:26 PM
videorov

Yes the 72mhz module idea is nice to have an fly some of the RTF kits out there with it. I guess in the future the
72mhz RTF kits will be 2.4ghz and you won't have to worry about having the 72mhz. But for now it would be a nice feature
to have like you have.
The spectrum rcvrs do seem to be cheaper and they make some micro rcvrs for light weight foamies.
I have to take that into account also.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:37 PM
videorov

Thanks for your information Hughes500E its good to hear how you liked both radios and what you liked and didn't like.
Thats what I like to hear from people that have used them. Interesting about the gimbals and the backlit screen.
I wonder if the JR12X screen is easier to read. Just wondering.
Now being able to read the screen is important to me in the sun. I guess they have put a more up to date screen
on the 10C since the screen technology is improving all the time, that makes sence.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:00 AM
ErikElvis

I like the feel of my X9303. Ease of programming... ehhh Slightly difficult for me and Im one in the computer/video game generation. But once you do something once it clicks. I wish the screen was a lil easier to see on a bright day. It looks good and works well. I really cant complain. I personally think the 10c looks a little funky but that doesnt really matter. I would see the mixing capabilities between the 2. Im not deep into my radio but I hear the 9303 lacks a little. But I probably would never know if I didnt read it. Either way I dont think you can go wrong. But the JR symbol on the plane does look cooler.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:35 AM
Hughes500E
My Feedback: (16)

I do believe the 12 channel JR radio comes equipped with the back lit screen!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:47 AM
abacro

I dont know how they compare in features as i haven't held the JR, but the 10C Futaba is really nice in my opinion. You probly cant go wrong with either system,but you might want to look at the JR X9303 Radio recall going on just now,due to faulty pot wireing rubbing the transmitter inside rear cover,and shorting out the radio.

Think i'd wait on the JR till that problem was addressed and fixed!

Old 09-17-2008, 12:12 PM
videorov

I did read that and they say its just a matter of sending it in if you have one like that and they will fix it.
I thought I would rather wait till there are more new ones on the market that don't have the problem.
I asked them if they knew the serial# of the ones but got no good answer. Im sure they know when
they started to ship the ones that have been fixed from now on before they ship them to their dealers.
I guess there is a problem reading the screen because it is not backlite on the X9303. They should have put that in it.
I bet they will in the future. The 12X has backlite looks like. Thats important to be able to read the screen while
outside.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:31 PM
ErikElvis

The 9303 recall is no big deal. You can fix it yourself in about 5 mins. Just unscrew 6 screws, unscrew wire holding the problem wires, re rout them then put the 6 screws back in.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:15 PM
cyborg1

If you're planning to use several mixes at the same time for a fun fly plane, the JR has seperate controllable mixes in each flight mode that is saved per flight mode. the futaba is an all encompassing mix that is used for all flight modes. my flying buddy bought the futaba 10c after extensively using jr, and he's complaining about this particular aspect.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Stick 40

I took my x9303 back off , and there was no problem with mine. Thats after flying all summer with it, 4 times a week. I plan to send it in after flying season is over and have them chenck it out and do what ever they need to.

I like the JR x9303, its a nice radio with a good feel to it when I am flying. I have done some programing on it and it will do anything I will ever ask of it. I don't know anything about the 10c, but I have not heard anyone complain after bying the x9303.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:12 PM
TedMo

Having read all the pros and cons in this post I find two EXTREMLY important features that JR ha. That is MODEL MATCH,and SERVO SYNCH. I use the JR Spectrum 7 and cannot find one thing to complain about, I love it. I believe you are doing the right thing and getting all the info you can before buying.As you have found out JR does offer more choices in Rx's. I don't know anything about their programming comparision but find no problem with my JR.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:50 PM
videorov

How dos the new 12Z compare to the 12X. I was reading from a guy in Austriala that he likes Futaba like the 14mz because
you can program all switches to perform any function. He says the Futabas have more programming power.
Oh it was Paul Tubine Jet Man and B777 Jet forums here on the RC forums that was talking about how powerful the programming features are
on the 14mz and other highend Futaba radios.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Stick 40

ORIGINAL: TedMo

Having read all the pros and cons in this post I find two EXTREMLY important features that JR ha. That is MODEL MATCH,and SERVO SYNCH. I use the JR Spectrum 7 and cannot find one thing to complain about, I love it. I believe you are doing the right thing and getting all the info you can before buying.As you have found out JR does offer more choices in Rx's. I don't know anything about their programming comparision but find no problem with my JR.
This is a very good point, I do not have to worry about making a mistake on my model selection. I have 8 planes on my x9303 now and have saved some money on rx's. I agree the back lite thing is a neg. for the x9303. I don't think the x9303 is the easiest to program. it could be better. I have worked on computer machines for a long time and built my own computers, I know whats easy and whats not and the x9303 is not the easiest. I'd like to get my hands on a 10c and see if there is a differnece. I have a older Futaba FP-T7UAF and it seems easier than the x9303, but its not nearly as powerful, and that could make some diffence.

But I am sure if I had bought the 10c I would have like it. I just liked what JR was doing, at the time I was ready to buy a new radio.

sticks
Old 09-26-2008, 01:07 PM
RadarController

Things the 9303 2.4 has that the 10C does not:

- Servo speed on all channels (realistic flap deployment for scale)
- 140 degree CCPM
- 79 dollar receivers vice 99
- Model match

Things the 10C has that the 9303 2.4 does not:

- Software Cyclic Ring
- Optional 72mhz
- Backlit display
- Quicker set up with superior circular roller dial(debatable)

Overall the 9303 has software options that the 10C does not. With the exception of an extra channel that the 10C has. That's my take.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:46 PM
videorov

Very good points Radarcontroller.
Well maybe I will decide over the weekend which one to order. The 72mhz doesn't mean anything to me. Im just starting out again
fresh so will be going only 2.4ghz. I do like the large choice of rcvrs with the JR. Its looking more like X9303. Now if I would
spend the bucks I would go with the 14MZ. Im not sure if I want to spend that right now and Im sure they wil come out
with anoher new one before long and maybe the 14MZ will come down in price.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:24 PM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Videorov, then get the 12Z. It is basically identical to the 14MZ, just without the color touch screen. The radios are so close the models are actually interchangeable between the 12Z and 14MZ. I have the 12Z and am very happy with the programming features and flexibility.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:38 PM
videorov

I will have to look around and see what price I can find on a 12Z. One guy I talked to that had a 14mz said it did all kinds of things
and you could program any switch you wanted and many other things so if the 12Z does all the same things just without the
color touch screen thats nice to know. Ididn't know that. It has the same 2048 res on the sticks I guess.
I guess that touch screen is pretty slick and makes a little easier to get around but I don't know. Their thumb wheel seems to
help alot in getting around anyway.
I will look around for some prices on the 12Z.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:06 PM
RadarController

Best bang for your buck is the 7C. Has duel elevator option, and a roller wheel for manual flap deployment if you ever get into warbirds etc. Triple rates, circular roller dial, expo on rud/ele/ail/thr, and switch assignment. As well as mixes. If you're on a budget and don't care about expo/duel rates on rudder(meaning you don't care about doing 3D/mainly hover/torque roll/or tail draggers doing scale take offs where expo helps), then go for the Airtronics RD8000 2.4. Tower is selling it for 229 with 25 off and free shipping with two 8 channel recievers. Great radio. That's a crazy deal because no one is buying them. Not quite as sexy screen as the 7C/DX7, but effective. Not too mention that basic LCD screen doesn't suck battery life like the others. I've just about every radio out there. RD6000, JR10X, JR9303, Futaba 9C, Futaba 12FG, and now a Futaba 7C. I love JR, but can't stand their roller. Unless you're into 4 engine bombers with robart retracts, or jets. There is no need to have any radio past a 9303. Period. Quite honestly you can even do all that with a 7C and Y cables/match boxes/synchers etc. So for 279 minus 25 bux you're in business. Just have to buy expensive recievers. The JR DX7 doesn't have duel elevator. Something to think about if you fly 50cc or larger and don't want to by a servo matcher for the elevator halfs. Now if you fly Helis and want a Vibe which is better to use 140CCPM with.. You obviously want to go JR. That's what aggrivates me about Futaba. I want to get a Vibe, but want to use 140CCPM. I like the 7C, but it doesn't have it. I love the 9303, but don't like the roller! I'm screwed! If you want to gung ho though... Even though I don't like the JR roller.. If someone handed me a 14mz and 12X and said "choose". 12X. Regardless if I don't like the roller dial.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:57 PM
videorov

Does Futaba have any feature like model match and servo sync that does the same thing?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.