Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Need help identifying engine

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Need help identifying engine

Old 09-15-2008, 12:09 PM
ScottMcM
My Feedback: (66)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help identifying engine

I recently acquired a used Top Flite Cessna 310. The gentleman I bought it from didn't seem to know an awful lot about the engines on it. The only markings I see are "Made in the USA", and the letter "K". I'm guessing that it is a K&B. I can't seem to find anywhere what size it is. I pulled the muffler, and it looks to be a ringed engine. Any of you guys know what I have, or where the size might be located?? It is still mounted to the plane, but I feel sure I've looked everywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, the compression on one engine seems less than the other.Is this normal for a ringed engine? I have not run either engine yet.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:12 PM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: Need help identifying engine

K&B .40 with Perry Carb

K&B .45 Sportster

K&B .61

K&B .65 Sportster
Old 09-15-2008, 02:41 PM
ScottMcM

It's got the Perry carb, but it doesn't quite look like any of the pics. (The last photo didn't show up)I took a rough measurement across the head, and it look like 1 3/4 inch. The only marking is a capitol letter K on top of a symbol that looks like this >. I'll try and get a photo of it and post it later.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:07 PM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

It sounds like you have RJL K .61's on it. SWEET Engines!!!! If I remember right, the "K" engines were produced under the Kraft name? I had one on a Sig Komet a long time ago. It was bar none, the most powerful 61. I have ever owned. Man, I regret selling that plane![]
Old 09-15-2008, 03:37 PM
ScottMcM

That's it!! They are Kraft .61's! I found this http://tech.flygsw.org/kraft61overhaul.htm My engines look exactly like that. Boy, it ought to haul the mail with a pair of .61's