Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Crystals...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 06:24 PM
legine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crystals...

Hey guys I just bought one of those little 4CH Corona synthesized receivers to use with my JR Max66 Tx.
The JR is using a 36.190 crystal but for some reason the Corona Rx wont connect to the 36.190 crystal. I then tried an Esky 36.370 crystal and it worked perfectly first go. I haven't had a chance to range test anything yet, so my question is would using the "cheaper" Esky crystal instead of a JR crystal decrease performance in any way???
The seller said i could send the Rx back and he could send me a new one but i dont know if i should do that if i got it to work with the Esky crystal....I dont know if i can trust the crystal.
I hope you can see my dilemma.

Thanks, Daniel
Old 10-21-2008, 06:47 PM
jetmech05

Default RE: Crystals...

does the JR transmitter work on any other airplane?...did you look at the crystal in the transmitter or the sticker that is on it? perhaps the crystal is mis marked....
Old 10-21-2008, 06:55 PM
legine

Default RE: Crystals...

I also have a JR synthesized Rx.....which works fine with the 36.190 crystal.
I did a small range test inside today as its raining outside. First i used the JR 36.190 crystal and the JR synthesized Rx, range was fine and i got to the end of the house and it still worked fine.
Then i put the Esky 36.370 crystal in the Tx, synchronized it with the JR Rx and did the test, I only got about 10 metres away and it started glitching..prop started spinning and servo's twitched. So this makes me believe that the Esky crystal doesnt work as well.

The crystal is not mis-marked because I have a regular Rx with a 36.190 crystal and they work together.

Thanks, Daniel