Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Saito .91 or O.S. 91

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Saito .91 or O.S. 91

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 01:01 AM
davejerr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito .91 or O.S. 91

I just bought an Extra 330L 90, 63"... It recommends a 4 stroke .91.. Is that enough power? And which engine is better, the Saito .91 or O.S. .91? Or is there a better option?
Old 10-25-2008, 10:27 AM
chashint

Default RE: Saito .91 or O.S. 91

If this is an ARF I would ...
Glue it together.
Install all of the electronics (putting the battery at the firewall).
Balance the plane by adding weight to the engine mount.
Buy the engine that balances the plane.
In the event that both engines make the plane nose heavy get the lighter one and move the battery back to balance the plane.
The Saito 1.00 is lighter than the Saito 91 so keep that in mind as an option if the 91's make it nose heavy.
If the plane is tail heavy I would add cubic inches until it balances.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:22 AM
masonman

Y.S 1.10...........Yeah Buddy
Old 10-25-2008, 12:09 PM
jay2000dakota

I am building a Carl Goldberg 300s with a Saito 180, its got a 68" wing span. I always over power all my models for the simple reason that its better to have too much power than not enough. If your talking about a O.S with a fuel pump, I would buy a Saito. Look closely at the specs and you will find the Saitos are alot lighter and produce more power, from my experiance Saitos run better out of the box, and are more easy to install (no crazy fuel tank set up). I'll give you and example, after many headaches with the fuel pump and carb, I gave up on my OS 120 and bought a Saito 125. The Saito is 10.6 oz lighter and run better brand new than the OS ever did (keep in mind Saito's take longer to break in). In my opinion if you buy an OS without a pump well run good but the power to weight of the Saito is unbelivable and keeping an airplane light as possible is the goal am I right?

best of luck to you with what ever engine you choose,
Cheer Jay